Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought these and a spare set of batteries a couple years ago and are serving me well still.
I don't even need to turn them on until it get's well below freezing. Waterproof and very toasty once turned on. Batteries last beyond 3 hours on medium setting.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Snowmobile gloves? It's park the bike for wintertime here in central Pa. The snowblower is all that gets run here until April.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Good question and tough to give a clear answer.

I have found the heavier insulated Gore Tex good.
I have a pair of Tour Master gloves that have a rain, over glove that can be pulled out of a pocket for rain or wind protection. They work well.
However, I find the heavy gloves bulky but hate my hands hurting from the cold. I have tried Tour Master plug in electrics but I am not fond of the cords. Also, I must monitor the wattage usage.

Aside from installing heated grips (which I don’t have), I like my Joe Rocket Burners with 3 sets of batteries and 3 chargers. This enables me to ride many hours then recharge at night.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ditched my heavy winter gloves and bought a pair of Milwaukee Leather Gauntlet Gloves. With the heated grips and less bulky gloves, it was much warmer than a thick pair of gloves that bunched up between my fingers and cut off circulation to my fingers. I can't get a good heated glove in 2 or 3 x. All seem to be on back order. I rode an hour at 32°F two mornings in a row and the Milwaukee Gauntlets were surprisingly warm.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have used a pair of good snowmobile gloves in the past, I still have them but I don't do any Winter riding anymore.

Snowmobile gloves? It's park the bike for wintertime here in central Pa. The snowblower is all that gets run here until April.
Same here in N.E. Ohio - snow flurries today with a high of 34 degrees... not great MC riding weather..

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I have used a pair of good snowmobile gloves in the past, I still have them but I don't do any Winter riding anymore.

Same here in N.E. Ohio - snow flurries today with a high of 34 degrees... not great MC riding weather..
Supposed to be 50* next Fri. May get in a last brief ride before putting her up on the stand for winter nappie. Or not. IDK

Reactions: Blast

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Fran I'm jealous , got my bike home but haven't had the weather or time to ride. first good day thinking of heading your way
Haha, next spring, buddy.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
84 Posts
Same here! Gerbing gloves and jacket liner. Even have heated insoles. (Rode down to Daytona from Ohio in February until they moved it out to March)

·
Registered
2003 VTX1800R
90 Posts
I ride year around with the exception of a few weeks out of the year here in Virginia. I've been wearing a pair of battery operated Gerbings for over 10 years and they still look and function like they did when I first got them.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
2003 VTX 1800S, 2010 Goldwing, 2009 Spyder GS
84 Posts
Warm gloves get bulky, for small to medium hand sizes, I hated this. Heated grips is your best route for medium hands. I could wear lightweight gloves and remain warm inside them
I have heated grips and a heated seat on my 10 Goldwing that the guy I bought it from put a non heated Ultimate seat on it. I just bought a used heated Ultimate and new left grip (a common problem) to get it all working. Looking forward to having warm hands and well you know :oops: . I’m not a big glove guy, I like to feel the grip so a thinner glove is my preferred way to go if I have to wear them at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good question and tough to give a clear answer.

I have found the heavier insulated Gore Tex good.
I have a pair of Tour Master gloves that have a rain, over glove that can be pulled out of a pocket for rain or wind protection. They work well.
However, I find the heavy gloves bulky but hate my hands hurting from the cold. I have tried Tour Master plug in electrics but I am not fond of the cords. Also, I must monitor the wattage usage.

Aside from installing heated grips (which I don’t have), I like my Joe Rocket Burners with 3 sets of batteries and 3 chargers. This enables me to ride many hours then recharge at night.
I used to use Widder Lectric gloves with their vest w/out t Stat. Worked in 30 degree weather

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I liked my heated grips so much I bought a set for my snow thrower

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That would be nice. With a 4-6" sn##fall on my 400' semi-circular driveway, it takes me over an hr. to do it all with my Honda HS928 sn##blower. My sn##mobile gloves don't keep my hands warm at all while doing this, so once or twice, I'll take one at a time off my hands, hold my hand close to the exhaust to warm it w/o getting burned, and hold the open end of the glove while heated exhaust warms the gloves up. Then I continue. BTW, SN## is a cuss word, so I don't say sn##. Personal joke.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I use my Gerbings for snow blowing. I bought a small sealed 12 volt battery and a pouch to put on my belt. After each use I recharge with a battery tender. I can snow blow for several hours and still have plenty of battery left.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I use my Gerbings for snow blowing. I bought a small sealed 12 volt battery and a pouch to put on my belt. After each use I recharge with a battery tender. I can snow blow for several hours and still have plenty of battery left.
THAT sounds like a new plan!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I bought a set of battery operated heated gloves. I would like to have heated grips, but the battery operated gloves are nice. You get about 2-3 hours per charge (on full). I would just bring the charger with me and charge it at my destination for the ride back. I stop riding after the first salt/sand hits the road, so for that short window between getting cold and snowfall these are good enough for me. Also, much of this cold riding window, I really only need the gloves when I leave in the morning.

A way around having to charge at your destination is to get an extra set of batteries.

Something like this:
Joe Rocket Burner 7V Heated Textile Glove - The Warming Store

1 - 20 of 20 Posts