1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Got Fish!? :shock:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've caught 50-60 lb cats in the nearby Cape Fear river but, nothing like that :shock: My buddy caught an 82 lb. (trot line) ...on a big chunk of deer meat
I've been on a bass kick lately....I enjoy the different methods of catching them in a private pond across the street from my house. The local farmers tell me that its full of big cats also, I think I'll give it a try one of these evenings. Maybe toss some chum in first and gather em up a bit :lol:
[/img]

·
Registered
362 Posts
I once read a story in Field and Stream about an old guy in Louisiana who caught huge catfish on trotlines, and then waded in and muscled them onto the shore.

A 62 pounder got his hand into it's mouth, and rolled, breaking his arm.

The quote: "That was a big fish. It hurt, too."

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ewww, it's cool to catch a fish like that... but it would take forever just to get through the layers of fat to anything edible.

Looks like my ex's mom... he he :lol:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
up here a big catfish is 12 inches lol, but there called hornpout.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
but we do have some nice northen pike.

·
Registered
464 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did it come from?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
This is a photo going around in different email forms. Some saying it's the biggest cat caught in Texas.This isn't it.
The real state record for largest catfich in Texas at least is a 60 inch 120 pounder.

The pic here is from a guy in Italy claiming he caught one 6 1/2 feet and about 188 pounds i think.The texas state record holder ...121 pound blue catfish pictured below. I live 10 minutes from Lake Fork where most of the top bass in Texas and top cats among others have been taken

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I've got a friend up in Indiana who has a lake that used to be an old gravel pit (very deep) There are a few interesting things in the bottom of it including an old car, a railroad train boxcar AND catfish that big. I've seen 'em. Never wanted to mess with one, but they DO exist.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Riffster said:
Those are some great lunkers there Ericthered!!

***Thanks Riffster....I'm just a recreational fishermen and catch them all from the bank. I've learned a lot about bass fishing in recent years. :)

How about my monster bass, always get a kick outta how a bass will hit something half it size... :wink:

*** :lol: :lol: :lol: You got that right! They aint skeered :lol: I usually fish with pretty large lures. (12" worm, large topwater, live bream or shad.....) It seems to be working well.....although strikes are reduced a bit. I catch 5+ pounders almost everytime out.....BUT, I can't brag too much because this 10+ acre pond has no pressure(almost exclusively just me) and is full of bass.

F

·
0 Posts
Back where I came from they wanted to reintroduce fish to the local river. They took a Koho Salmon and bred it with a Walleye for stamina and a Muskie for strength. They ended up with a Kowalski and had to teach the d*mn thing how to swim... :shock:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts