Honda VTX Forum banner

big fish

1K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Bam Bam 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I've caught 50-60 lb cats in the nearby Cape Fear river but, nothing like that :shock: My buddy caught an 82 lb. (trot line) ...on a big chunk of deer meat
I've been on a bass kick lately....I enjoy the different methods of catching them in a private pond across the street from my house. The local farmers tell me that its full of big cats also, I think I'll give it a try one of these evenings. Maybe toss some chum in first and gather em up a bit :lol:
[/img]

#7 ·
I once read a story in Field and Stream about an old guy in Louisiana who caught huge catfish on trotlines, and then waded in and muscled them onto the shore.

A 62 pounder got his hand into it's mouth, and rolled, breaking his arm.

The quote: "That was a big fish. It hurt, too."

#8 ·
Ewww, it's cool to catch a fish like that... but it would take forever just to get through the layers of fat to anything edible.

Looks like my ex's mom... he he :lol:

#9 ·
up here a big catfish is 12 inches lol, but there called hornpout.

#15 ·
This is a photo going around in different email forms. Some saying it's the biggest cat caught in Texas.This isn't it.
The real state record for largest catfich in Texas at least is a 60 inch 120 pounder.

The pic here is from a guy in Italy claiming he caught one 6 1/2 feet and about 188 pounds i think.The texas state record holder ...121 pound blue catfish pictured below. I live 10 minutes from Lake Fork where most of the top bass in Texas and top cats among others have been taken

#16 ·
I've got a friend up in Indiana who has a lake that used to be an old gravel pit (very deep) There are a few interesting things in the bottom of it including an old car, a railroad train boxcar AND catfish that big. I've seen 'em. Never wanted to mess with one, but they DO exist.

#19 ·
Riffster said:
Those are some great lunkers there Ericthered!!

***Thanks Riffster....I'm just a recreational fishermen and catch them all from the bank. I've learned a lot about bass fishing in recent years. :)

How about my monster bass, always get a kick outta how a bass will hit something half it size... :wink:

*** :lol: :lol: :lol: You got that right! They aint skeered :lol: I usually fish with pretty large lures. (12" worm, large topwater, live bream or shad.....) It seems to be working well.....although strikes are reduced a bit. I catch 5+ pounders almost everytime out.....BUT, I can't brag too much because this 10+ acre pond has no pressure(almost exclusively just me) and is full of bass.

G
#20 ·
Back where I came from they wanted to reintroduce fish to the local river. They took a Koho Salmon and bred it with a Walleye for stamina and a Muskie for strength. They ended up with a Kowalski and had to teach the d*mn thing how to swim... :shock:

#21 ·
GA Rainman said:
I've got a friend up in Indiana who has a lake that used to be an old gravel pit (very deep) There are a few interesting things in the bottom of it including an old car, a railroad train boxcar AND catfish that big. I've seen 'em. Never wanted to mess with one, but they DO exist.
Same here rainman...except it's an abandoned rock quarry, and there are trucks and buildings at the bottom...at least, what's left. There are some BIG cats in there too. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.