Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, whats the deal with the F big shots. Does the rear pipe curl up in front of the crank like the C, or follow the stock path across the side cover? There website only shows a pic of an N. I would prefer it to follow the original path across the side cover since the cover is shaped differently to allow a pipe to be there. Sorry for such a lame question on here but I want to make sure I order the right ones.:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The F and C pipes are the same
N, R, S and T are different and go over the clutch

Hmm, well I guess it is what is then. I just dont know how to feel about that side cover being shaped for a pipe to fit "in" it, but no pipe there. Kinda lame, but looking at pictures I guess its not that bad. But little stuff like that bothers me. I wonder if the n, r, s, t would fit the f?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I believe only the side cover on the early C needs changing to run R style V&H pipes on it, so you may be golden with the F cover and R pipes. The floorboard is the only problem with putting C or F, V&H exhaust on an R. The C and F style pipes are equal length for better performance, but I doubt you'll notice it. I prefer the look of the R style pipes myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe only the side cover on the early C needs changing to run R style V&H pipes on it, so you may be golden with the F cover. The floorboard is the only problem with putting C or F, V&H exhaust on an R. The C and F style pipes are more performance oriented by making them equal length, but I doubt you'll notice it.
Good point on the equal lengths, I didnt even consider that. Thanks for the info. Now I gotta decide if unequal lengths of pipe would bother me more than the side cover divot. HAHAHA, WOW, I sound super OCD dont I? :a13: Thanks again

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Bigshots on the F

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
thing is, the pipes look so nice that you don't notice the 'divot' ...

for me, i bought a little jeweled eye skull and bolted that
into the hole where the divot is and it kind of dresses it
up a little ...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies, all great ideas. I think I am gonna look into the C side panel down the road after I recover from the pipe purchase!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Big Shots For an F

I know your looking at V & H but wanted you have a comparison pic using Cobra Slash Cuts on an F.
If you dont change the side cover I have another idea that would draw some attention. Good luck with your choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know your looking at V & H but wanted you have a comparison pic using Cobra Slash Cuts on an F.
If you dont change the side cover I have another idea that would draw some attention. Good luck with your choice.
That bottle idea is awesome! Is that your bike?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bottle

Blue F is mine.
Silver F belongs to a riding friend of mine. He couldnt stand that divot either. Came up with this NOS look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I like the bottle idea as well.. If not, some simple fiberglass work and paint on the side cover would take care of the divot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts