Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 1800c, Cobra Angle Slash and a Kuryaken Hypercharger. Also has the Cobra FI2000 (all installed before I bought it). I got the Power Commander V for Christmas. I have definitely bookmarked bareasschoppers.com and all his instructions, and I have gotten the instructions for PCV install pulled up on my ipad so I can blow them up bigger and see them more clearly. What I didn’t really think of is how to uninstall the FI2000. Anyone done this switch? I didn’t install it, so I’m not sure what all was done when it was installed, or if any of it will cause problems installing the PCV. Also planning on doing the ground fix, installing the light bar I got, and maybe wiring in a tachometer while I have it apart.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Cobra may have the info you want.
Undo the installation instructions.

Select your model. Should have a download tab.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hans&Feet, I found some and got it out. If anyone wants it, they can have it for the cost of shipping. Cobra FI2000, three pot. Works fine, just not what I am after!

Next up I am gonna try the ground fix. A little intimidated, but so far the instructions for everything else I’ve done (fuel pressure regulator, oil change, and tank removal) from bareass have been super simple to follow. Even made my own tank prop tool. I used wood instead of pvc, since my wife and I do woodworking and have scraps laying around! Excited to be learning a lot of new stuff, but I let myself get intimidated easily!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the PCV all plugged in and in place, need to zip tie and clean the wiring up. Noticed while doing it that I have what looks like a vacuum line that runs to nowhere over by my air box. I do have the hypercharger, and I feel like I saw something about an unused line, but couldn’t remember. Did the first section of the ground fix, and there was definitely some corrosion. I don’t know that I’d had any problems from it yet, but I feel better knowing it is done. I still have to go through the second section over by the battery. Tomorrow I will do my light bar, and attempt the tachometer while I have easy access to everything.

·
Super Moderator
64,003 Posts
There should be a small nipple on the Hypercharger for a vacuum line. You must ditch the entire OEM vacuum line, to get rid of the check valve, and use the supplied 14 inch length of vacuum line for the butterflies to work off the vacuum. If you don't get rid of the check valve the butterflies will only flutter. They should flutter at idle and the open increasingly with the engine rpms

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I’ve been able to watch them they do flutter at idle and open with throttle. Never seen them super wide open, but haven’t hit it that hard unless I was riding.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Hans&Feet, I found some and got it out. If anyone wants it, they can have it for the cost of shipping. Cobra FI2000, three pot. Works fine, just not what I am after! View attachment 183198
Next up I am gonna try the ground fix. A little intimidated, but so far the instructions for everything else I’ve done (fuel pressure regulator, oil change, and tank removal) from bareass have been super simple to follow. Even made my own tank prop tool. I used wood instead of pvc, since my wife and I do woodworking and have scraps laying around! Excited to be learning a lot of new stuff, but I let myself get intimidated easily!
USED STRANDED 10 WITH TWO FROM BATTERY. LEFT TO GROUND MAKING EACH COIL CHASSIS STARTER AND COULD FEEL POWER INCREASE ON MY NEW BIKE.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m basically done! Bike starts and runs, and lights work, so I feel pretty good. I decided to risk it and try the tach wire coming off the ecm, but (predictably) that only reads about half the rpm the bike is running, so I will have to redo that. Other than that I installed the PCV, plugged the open vacuum line, did the ground fix, installed the light bar, and added the Fuzeblock FZ1. Thanks all who helped and encouraged, this forum has been great even with threads I didn’t comment on but just read.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
FPR gets a vacuum port.

Some have had success with using the Camshaft Position Sensor signal to the tach.
Gray wire on the "B" ECM connector. Gray connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts