Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from central America, greetings from Guatemala, my manual says 130/70/18 front, and 180/70/16 rear,
what is the biggest tire size y could install in the stock 18 and 16 rims, without any other alteration?
thanks in advance

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
I recently installed a car tire on the back of my '02 1800Cmodel.
In fact it was a USED tire for 20 bucks in almost new condition.
It's much wider but, didn't require any modifications except I did grind down a few spots in the wheel well to insure max clearance.

As for the front,..I running a stock sized Bridgestone that's held up very well.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
130 80 18 Michelin (rear) Pilot Activ on the front and a Nexen N5000 205/65/16 car tire on the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rear tire on the front?

thanks x the info my machine is a 2002 vtx c model and in the front area has a Dunlop arrowmax 501 but says REAR, i was wondering the dangers of having a rear tire in the front as a tire seller told me (he has not any front tire anyway). a mechanic told me it is no big deal, just when installing the new one put it with the tread backwards and nothing happen, if it is true i coul buy a new tire here,($225 x a dunlop rear) if no i would have to order it wich rises the price a lot (about $ 1600 x a front tire), as i saw at least one of you NDAna has a rear in the front, what are your experiences on this.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
thanks x the info my machine is a 2002 vtx c model and in the front area has a Dunlop arrowmax 501 but says REAR, i was wondering the dangers of having a rear tire in the front as a tire seller told me (he has not any front tire anyway). a mechanic told me it is no big deal, just when installing the new one put it with the tread backwards and nothing happen, if it is true i coul buy a new tire here,($225 x a dunlop rear) if no i would have to order it wich rises the price a lot (about $ 1600 x a front tire), as i saw at least one of you NDAna has a rear in the front, what are your experiences on this.
Best tire I've had on the front. Have ridden all kinds of conditions from hot/dry to cold monsoon. Performs great. Goldwingers have been doing this for some time. I'm real happy with it. Was inexpensive and should go at least 20K +

·
Registered
328 Posts
Over the years i have read about guys who put 180-200mm tires on the front of their metrics for a different look. They claim handling is not an issue, that really being clearance between the fender/forks. I am looking to try and fit such a tire on my VTX.

Dr X

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Over the years i have read about guys who put 180-200mm tires on the front of their metrics for a different look. They claim handling is not an issue, that really being clearance between the fender/forks. I am looking to try and fit such a tire on my VTX.

Dr X
I want to see that 200 front.:popcorn:

·
Registered
5 Posts
200 MM in the rear - in the front need to know bike due to the fender.
03 honda vtx 1800R i seen u said 200mm in rear im tryin to get biggest i can on stock swimg arm. N would like to have taller tire in front but dont want to get it to skinny were it looks stupid. I appreciate the wisdom in advance i jst got the bike week ago wanna change the bars n tire set up

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently installed a car tire on the back of my '02 1800Cmodel.
In fact it was a USED tire for 20 bucks in almost new condition.
It's much wider but, didn't require any modifications except I did grind down a few spots in the wheel well to insure max clearance.

As for the front,..I running a stock sized Bridgestone that's held up very well.
Can u snap a pic id like to see how it looks wit tjhat setup def alot cheaper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awsome thats what i had on my last bike was the Mich Pilots but didmt no about the car tire that wont b a problem with the stock swingarm? NEXXON ill have to check it out thanx so much realy apreciate

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Dunlop Elite 4 bias on the front, stock size. Rear is a General Altimax RT43 radial, 205-65-16. Stock speedometers are 5-8% higher than actual speed, and this size brings it to within 1% or so of true hwy. speeds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts