Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. After all the recent talk about light bars, auxiliary lighting and whatnot, I've begun my long awaited search for my ideal light bar (Santa was good to me this year. . . ) I'm looking at the Big Bike elliptical light bar. . . http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6971&str=12&ID=516944268

But I am wondering a couple things, one, has anyone got this bar/How do you like it?

Also it's shown on a different model, is there any reason to think I might be able to leave my stock signals in place, maybe moving them a bit south and just add the light bar??

Thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
I have one on my S the C and R/S are different on turn signal mounts so I had to remount mine to the light bar. Which required an additional part. I like it, the chrome has held up fantastically, I did however have issue with one of the lights blinking. On mine they use a big rivet to attach the light knuckle (for lack of a better term) to the bar itself. and it is grounded through the bar. so since the rivet was loose it caused the one light to blink. No big deal was an easy fix just had to use a bolt and nut to fix it, but on principle I think that the rivet wasn't the best choice on assy methods. Who knows maybe they have changd that. Also you are on your own for some of the wiring. That is you need to supply a relay ( i think on the relay) and your own switch if you so choose to be able to shut em off. this was no big deal to me asi have that stuff on hand. other than that I like em a lot, they are a bit closer to the bike than some others I've seen which I prefer.

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up both on quality and install tips.

:beer3:

I think that might be the one I get for mine. After I add the undertaker or Neo rear fender to my X I should have the set up I've been looking for.

·
Registered
423 Posts
lightbar.........

So, Bio, that's the "Big Bike" light bar ?
I've been waiting many months to find a good review on Any lightbar.
All of them seem to have problems from what I find.
They either fall apart in a short period of time, or they point up to the treetops after install, and require modification.
What solo rack is that?
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts