Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yep, it's the 24th :D . I'm one of the pastors at Warehouse - it's a very biker friendly church. This will be the fourth year from Motorcycle Sunday, it's a cool event. There will be some great music - blues, rock, metal. One of the bands - FOG - will be leaving next Friday to play a big biker fest in Lithuania! If you like Zepplin or Sabbath, check out FOG. And these guys are some of the regulars leading the worship music at Warehouse.

It would be great to see a bunch of Xer's at MCS. I've got a retro, another guy at the church has a C. Show up anytime 9:30am or after, the blessing will be about 11am, music, lunch, then the ride is at 1pm. 60 miles, mostly west of Aurora. Should be a nice ride. Hope to see some of you guys there! When you're there, ask for Randy Schoof.

you can also check out http://www.warehousechurch.org/motorcycle.htm (It did have a link that said the 26th, but should be fixed soon! :oops: ) the video slide show is cool if you have a fast internet connection...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Woot, sorry I spaced out :shock: and didn't tell you were McCarty Park is. It's just east of downtown Aurora, on E. Galena Blvd - the 400 block. Just 2 blocks east of IL Rt. 25 (Broadway in Aurora) and about seven blocks east of Il Rt. 31 (Lake St.)

Here's a mapquest link to the Warehouse - McCarty Park is next door

http://tinyurl.com/7lf6f

hope that helps

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
FOG Rocks! Stands for Five Old Guys in case you didn't know. I've seen them all over the place, most recently at the Low Lyfz MC Poker Run last fall. I think I also saw them at the Penny Road Pub (before the yuppification) :roll:

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
bluto said:
FOG Rocks! Stands for Five Old Guys in case you didn't know. I've seen them all over the place, most recently at the Low Lyfz MC Poker Run last fall. I think I also saw them at the Penny Road Pub (before the yuppification) :roll:
Went to school with the guy that owns PRP.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
mark_1bx said:
Tell him to put it back the way it was :( Now, its pretty much like any other bar. Used to have a ton of character now it's pretty much vanilla like.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Bluto, I must have seen you before, probably a few times. I was sound tech for FOG at the PRP gig, and I'm at most of their shows. They recently did a LowLyfes benefit in Plano. It rocked - as usual :D Good to hear that you're a FOG fan - shows good taste in music!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Randy, I've probably met you then......

I'm the big bald guy with a goatee and black leathers :D

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
bluto said:
I'm the big bald guy with a goatee and black leathers :D
Hmmmm.....do you have a lot of brothers that look like you? If so you missed out on your family reunion last Sunday at the Iron Horse Rally in Libertyville.....must have been at least 1000 of your relatives there :lol:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
That's why no one was answering their friggin phones! I thought they were just avoiding me! :D I guess a stereotype has to come from somewhere :wink:

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
bluto said:
mark_1bx said:
Tell him to put it back the way it was :( Now, its pretty much like any other bar. Used to have a ton of character now it's pretty much vanilla like.
Never happen. $$$$$$$$$ talks and their into just that. I guess that doesn't make them all bad. It's not a bar I'd hang at.

Have you ever been to a place in South Elgin call "Our Place" Good food and drinks. Still has that small/old town feel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts