Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a reasonably priced one to consider ?
It doesn't have to be waterproof, just protect against dust and dirt.
By the way, it would be for a 1300 S with a windshield at some point.
Thanks,
Mossy Beard

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mossy Beard said:
What's a reasonably priced one to consider ?
It doesn't have to be waterproof, just protect against dust and dirt.
By the way, it would be for a 1300 S with a windshield at some point.
Thanks,
Mossy Beard
I picked up a touring sized cover from Super Wal-Mart for a little over $20. But, kenseisama's is way cooler than mine. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the $20 walley-world version and it works just fine!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone , thanks a bunch.
I'll have to check out the local Wally World.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The most important thing is to make sure that it is breathable .If you have it covered for a long time say over winter it would cause the bike to rust.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I have a Dowco "EZ Guardian" cover. I absolutely love it. It carries the "EZ" moniker inasmuch as the rear portion has a roughly 4-foot zipper that helps immensely when putting it on or removing it. I highly recommend that feature alone. The material is extremely sturdy yet very pliable when in use. At a motel on a past 100-bike ride to Big Sur I parked next to the grass and the motel put the sprinklers on in the middle of the night totally spraying my bike for hours. Underneath the bike was COMPLETELY dry!

Other features include grommets at the bottom to use a cable to lock it to/underneath the bike. Also, it has a scorch-resistant aluminized heat shield panels which allows the cover to be put on before the pipes cool. Further, a special soft cover liner in the area of the motorcycle windshield protects against possible scratches. At first it seemed large and cumbersome to fold/carry, but if you fold it into thirds, then roll it like an Army sleeping bag (fellow vets know the drill...) it rolls up to a very manageable size. Easy. I love using it on overnighters not only for the physical protection from the elements but because it covers the bike completely and thus removes the temptation by others to mess with my motorcycle since they can't see it. Other than being able to get you a beer, what more could you ask for in a bike cover?! The most expensive EZ Guardian is $65 where I bought mine at Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse: http://www.accwhse.com/dow.htm (highly rated for customer satisfaction). I'd definitely buy it again.

Below is a picture of it at my motel when I was in Hollister for the 4th of July rally. It is an XL or XXL and note that underneath is a FULLY dressed bike.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the cycleshell shelter in cruiser size but wish I had ordered the touring size. An awesome cover that doesn't come in contact with the bike but completely protects it from everything. Have had mine for a year and it looks like new. Has a nice durable built in floor with kickstand plate. Pricey but the best in my opinion if you don't have a garage.

JA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts