Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 2004 VTX 1800R2 that I have only had a short while and here is the problem the bike dies suddenly apparently after going up a hill after checking the fuel level and sitting for a few it starts right up bike came with a power commander {my first ) and cobra pipes the bike will not fire up right away but only after sitting for a while any help would be appreciated also looking under the tank I noticed thi
20210109_214759.jpg
s hose from the gas tank and it seems to have an extreme bend might this be an issue?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
My power commander III caused me the same type of problem when I was still using it, there is a wire under the seat that connects the Honda PCM to PCIII with a vampire clip that was not a good connection, I wound up soldering it, it's happend to several people here. It could also be other things, loose battery terminals, needs the ground fix done, or the PCIII could be reaching end of life which mine eventually did. When that happened, I just removed it. It might also be a fuel issue. Others will be along to help.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Second removing the PCIII. Had a similar sounding issue.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
The hose could be a fuel return hose from the external fuel pump or a
fuel supply line. Someone with a 2nd generation 1800 can answer that.
Re-route the kinked hose to go under the other hose.

If that hose is a tank vent hose, you should hear some air rushing into the tank
when opening the fuel cap.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
"after checking the fuel level and sitting for a few it starts right up"
"If that hose is a tank vent hose, you should hear some air rushing into the tank
when opening the fuel cap."
Yup, kinked vent hose starving the fuel pump is my guess. If it is the vent hose it will go up to a T fitting and one of the hoses off of the T will follow the frame's backbone down past the battery box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts