Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

FYI - Theres a local event in Angel Fire NM called Bikes Brews and Blues. I attended last year and thought it was worth mentioning here. 300+ bikers and brewery competition with live music in a nutshell... it was pretty cheap to enter the tasting contest ...$15 i think, or theres regular beer/drink sales all night. This year it runs from 3-10pm at the Angel Fire Resort. Just follow the bikes. Theres a few hotels in the area if you want to stay over too... If you plan to come from AZ, NM, CO, TX, or OK, its an awesome ride through the mountains up to 8600 ft. I live in Taos which is nearby, but its convenient to albuquerque, santa fe, farmington, alamosa, co springs, denever, amarillo, tuscon, etc... The area is famous as a stop on the run for the wall ride that goes coast to coast too. Awesome ride. Great local brews. Worth the trip! Some people may be familiar with the Red River ralley, but the beer is an awesome excuse for the ride!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Ah, tales from home. Red River used to be a favorite fishing hole. Latir Lakes, all really nice country. I really need to came back for a visit. Maybe elk season.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like fun. Maybe ill see if the Ol Lady wants to Check it out . Dont forget we also have th Fire And Ice rally in Grants NM. July 14,15,16,17. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I grew up in Red River, my folks owned Sportsman's Lodge for 27 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts