Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

Currently out bike shopping. I'm 6'7" 350 and looking for just the right bike to fit me. My neighbor just bought an used 03 VTX1300, beautiful bike! I had the chance to sit on it but seems too small for me. He was telling me about the 1800 which the local dealer currently has great deals on (03 leftovers). Is this basically the same bike or is the frame bigger? I'm thinking the R* might be the only choice but I like the looks of the Honda. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Stock 1300s and 1800s vary little, if any, in overall size. And the stock foot controls aren't going to be comfortable on long rides, but that's easily solved with new forward controls or a relocation kit. I know several taller riders that have done this and love the 1800. I ride an 18 and I stand 6'3", so getting the pegs and handlebars stretched out was a priority.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ricstir said:
6'8 400lbs

'nuff said

LIKE A GLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you have to change the rear springs? Someone had suggested getting a 975 or 1000lb spring.

Ya look good on da bike. I was worried about the sitting on top look rather then the sitting in the bike look.

G

·
0 Posts
crabster said:
Ricstir said:
6'8 400lbs

'nuff said

LIKE A GLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you have to change the rear springs? Someone had suggested getting a 975 or 1000lb spring.

Ya look good on da bike. I was worried about the sitting on top look rather then the sitting in the bike look.

have not changed the springs yet, prob will, but not neccessary...i have the big boy ultimate seat which moves me off the tank..

G

·
0 Posts
Chromer said:
Damn Ricstir. I've never seen anyone make the X look so small!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

But you know, i am a big MF...and the X pulls me around just fine, hell i even ride 2 up with my wife( no cracks bout the wife here guys) and it still amazes me how much get up and go my bike has...1800 rocks !!!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Ricstir, you are one big fella.
hey that pic you standing by the bike.....
that wet looking spot on the ground beside you ............
did you scare someone and make them piss their pants?

just messin' with ya, my bud Tiny is bout big as you.
6'8" or 6'9" 435. me and him bounced bars together
before i got married.
he makes his road king look like a mini bike.

G

·
0 Posts
hey that pic you standing by the bike.....
that wet looking spot on the ground beside you ............

LOL, it was still early and the X took a piss after warming , some water came out the pipe (condensation) , i dont have the luxary of a garage so it has to sleep under a cover, gets a lot of dew on it...is a bitch to keep clean too!!

G

·
0 Posts
JayHawkX said:
Then ride your ass on down to texas bro!!!

Ill buy ya beer and then kick your ASS...heheh!!
At least then I'd have an excuse as to why I didn't put up much of a fight!
LOL....

well, then come down and just have a beer anyway.... :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
6'5 260lbs jardines forward controlls and barons radius drag bars fits good and runs great tons of torq

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am a 6'4 360lbs man, and I got the Ultimate seats also, but I am still having a problem with my Nutz hitting the tanks, anyone know of anything else i can do to get me more off the tank

1 - 20 of 26 Posts