Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is a teacher and we use Horace Mann for our car insurance and bike insurance. Last year they charged me about $300 for six months coverage on my Suzuki Volusia. For my new 1300 they want almost $600 for six months.

These seems outragious so I called them. They said that the 1300 is a new bike and that's why the large increase. My Volusia was an '04, only a year difference.

Can any of you kind folks supply me with insurance companies that charge a reasonable amount for coverage?

I've got the following coverage:

Bodily injury liability $250/$500K
Property damage $100K
Medical payments $5K each person
Comprehensive $100 deductible
Collision $250 deductible
Emergency road service
Uninsured motor vehicle $250/$500K

Thanks for any suggestions, John

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! My Horace Mann agent just set me up with Progressive for the same coverage I'm going to pay $385 for a full year - 1/3 the amount I was going to pay Horace Mann.

Thanks again! John

·
Registered
278 Posts
I pay $376 a year for both bikes. (see below) With Safeco Ins.
DeanX02

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you want to be treated right don't buy Progressive.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Check out Geico. I'm getting a whole year's worth of coverage for $180 (it's my second year with the gecko).

www.geico.com

·
Registered
204 Posts
I compared prices from both Gieco and Progressive. I am currently with Progressive. Progressive also gives anadditional discount if you ar an HRCA member.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I use USAA for all my vehicals and when I added my bike on, the gal told me for a year it would be $98 bones full coverage. Now my total for all 3 vehicals is $350.00 for the year. Man it pay's to be a military man.

·
Registered
214 Posts
XSheep said:
If you want to be treated right don't buy Progressive.
Horse puckey. If you are on the RECEIVING end of a Progressive encounter, it can be quite unpleasant.

If, however, you are the Progressive policy holder trying to wring money from the OTHER guy, it can be quite fun watching Progressive hang them up to twist in the wind. Then their heavy-handed ways come in very handy.

Been there a couple of times.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I posted the same thing a while back. Progressive is good but that's not you'red entire problem.

Look at your coverage.. you have it set up the same as your car/truck.

If you have personal heatlh ins from work that will cover you if injured in an accident, then drop Unisured motorist.

You don't need up to 500K property damge... if you hit someone on your bike you will not likely cause much damage.

When I got mine in order State farm dropped to 38 dollars/month.

Speak with your agent.... but Progressive was still a few dollars cheaper.

You need to comapre apples to apples.

RKip 8)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
HDKLR said:
Check out Geico. I'm getting a whole year's worth of coverage for $180 (it's my second year with the gecko).

www.geico.com
Bodily Injury: $25,000/$50,000
Liability: $10,000
Uninsured Motorist: $25,000/$50,000
Comprehensive: $250 deduct.
Collision: $250 deduct.

$180 per year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts