Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have the same exhaust. I think I had to separate the Y before I started the header nuts (I may be wrong).

I know for sure I didn't mount the can to the bracket until I had everything finished up front.

Also, did you loosen the floorboard bracket while you were mounting the header? I had to actually space my floor board out with an oversized nut between the floorboard and frame (I left it loose while I was mounting the headers).

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have the same exhaust. I think I had to separate the Y before I started the header nuts (I may be wrong).

I know for sure I didn't mount the can to the bracket until I had everything finished up front.

Also, did you loosen the floorboard bracket while you were mounting the header? I had to actually space my floor board out with an oversized nut between the floorboard and frame (I left it loose while I was mounting the headers).
(y)Thanks for the tips...

I have the same pipes, but I doubt you have the same heat shields, mine are serrated (see image) and have some 'give' and flex. My back pipe swivels where it joins the front so it able to move and allow me to the front into place. Also, the right floorboard on my bike is close, but not so I had to remove it to get the pipe off or on. My floorboards aren't stock.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have the exact same exhaust:

I did have to space out my factory floor board bracket for my 2009. I also had to change my factory exhaust rear bracket to a pre 2008 bracket to mount the can. Here is the spacers, I used over sized nuts and longer bolts.

·
Registered
2006 VTX 1300C
3 Posts
I am getting a lot of backfiring, I assumed that it was jetted incorrectly for the breather and exhaust upgrades, but after reading this, I have some checking to do.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have the exact same exhaust:

I did have to space out my factory floor board bracket for my 2009. I also had to change my factory exhaust rear bracket to a pre 2008 bracket to mount the can. Here is the spacers, I used over sized nuts and longer bolts.
I have a 2004 and don't have factory floorboards and I have a highway bar mounted that I think holds out the foot mounts. I definitely don't have any special spacers on mine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts