Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The defacto is the second Thursday of every month at the Vortex. It draws 12-24 VTXers out (as well as 100+ other bikes).
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174135

The bike night is there every Thursday and I hear is the biggest weekly meeting in the South East.

We also meet up all over the region in smaller numbers (6-12) at other places that offer bike night or not. Just drop a line of where you are and when you would like to meet. I'm sure a couple of us will slip out to greet you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just discovered a pretty big bike night at Arbor Place Mall in Douglasville. I think it’s the last Thursday night of the month. It looks like 100 bikes or so. There is live music.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Well, in Savannah, it seems Wednesday and Thursday are the location bike nights. Temptations does Two Wheel Wednesday. It's a titty bar just across the river in SC on 17. Then Thurday has 2. The newest, biggest one is at B&D Burgers on Abercorn Ext. from 7-10, sponsered by the SAV Honda stealer. Mostly a sport bike crowd now, but they are very welcoming to cruisers and trying to draw more. They have not only drink and appetizer specials, but prizee drawing when you sign in. Then there is Island Grill on 21 in Port Wentworth. They have a sign out that says "Bike Night" but that's about it,,, Big cruiser/chopper crowd. Then, Low Country Custom does a rolling Bike Night. Varies by week as to when it is and where it goes, but all are welcome. The film it for a late night infomercial spot they support. Hooters was doing one for a while, but I believed it's not anymore,,,,

·
Registered
803 Posts
I might add that since the local Honda Stealer started a Bike Night at B&D Burgers (and they are advertising it heavy on the radio) The Island Grill seems to have found new interest in bike night and actually was running an add on the radio.
The 2 Wheel Wednesday at Temptaions (total nude strip club and is byob) we havent been to as of yet but what I understand they drop the cover charge for this place to 2 bucks if your on 2 wheels. I'll have to go one night so I can do a better report on it :D
B&D Burgers bike nioght is starting to draw a bigger curiser crowd. If it keeps growing at the same rate it will be a good spot to hit.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There is one somewhere in Atl and northern Burbs just about every night.

Hooters on 41 South of Cumberland Mall is Tuesday night.
Vortex in Little 5 points is Thursday night.
Wed night @ The Alley in Woodstock.

I am sure there are many others.

TCT

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Let’s not forget Boo Boo…..ah… I mean…
Hooters in Cartersville on Thursdays and
Of coarse the Big Bike Night at Hooters in Canton also on Thursdays.
And Double Vision in Hiram on Tuesdays.
And Fat Cats in Austell on Sundays.

How’s the ankle doing, Eric?
Was it broken or just badly sprung?
Are you able to ride now?
No more foot pictures, please… just tell us!
But, if you have any pictures of Boo Boo…. post away! :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This "Boo Boo" had better be the hottest and sweetest chick on earth or I will be very disappointed.

TCT

·
Registered
659 Posts
We went to the one at Arbor Place Mall last Thur. and it was a pretty good size crowd. They have a place in the parking lot just for the bikes and it is every Thur. I don't know if it is that way every Thur. but nice crowd and band was pertty good too. I will be in Augusta myself for our Augusta Chapter annual this weekend. Welcome to the maddness.

Frog
USMVMC

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Tin_Can_Terminator said:
This "Boo Boo" had better be the hottest and sweetest chick on earth or I will be very disappointed.

TCT
She is and there will be no disappointment ~ Take it from a Gemini who knows.. everything.
Or just check her out yourself at Cartersville Hooters or her picture’s on both sides of the men’s room there!
What better place could Hooters have mounted her pictures? Hmmmm???? :wink:

Now ~ Remind me again what the topic was here???? :roll:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Gemini, the topic was Boo Boo...right????? :? TCT, maybe not THE hottest, but certainly worth the effort. Not bad for a 38 yr old with 3 kids, one of them 2y/o.

Hotfix, here ya go.

Boo Boo is the one NOT doing things to the post...at that particular moment... :pepper1: The one on...umm, hanging on..ummm, near, yeah, near the post is Brook, also one of the waitresses :D That was the Daisy Duke contest a few weeks ago.

Oh, and my ankle is doing much better finally. The swelling went down dramatically this weekend and I'm about ready to get back on the bike.

Just to sweeten the deal (and possibly get a little more popular around here)....

Holly and Trish, 2 of my favorite girls...

and left to right Trish, Holly, Heather and Lindsey (who rides a Rebel 250 from Gwinnett to work in C'ville!!!)

So is that better than my nappy ankle shots??? (can I say nappy ankle on here??? :p )

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh, and Bikenight at C'ville Hooters has a live band every week, and usually plenty of entertainment.

Gemini got a little entertained when he was up there, didn't ya?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
EricR said:
Gemini, the topic was Boo Boo...right????? :?

So is that better than my nappy ankle shots??? (can I say nappy ankle on here??? :p )
Yeah… at my age I gotta stay away from that really “young stuff”….
…. so, those OLD 38 yo gals like Boo Boo is just my style!!!! :wink:
Boo Boo ain’t anywhere near ready for the walker or wheelchair from the looks of that picture! :D

I know whatcha mean by "entertained," Eric... :shock:
and... I know...
Can’t Post “That” Picture. :wink:

That ankle looked really bad….
I think it's ok to say nappy ankle only if you're talking about your own ankle. :roll:
I’m glad your recovery has gone well.
See ya at Hooters again soon!.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yeah… I know exactly what ya mean, Gemini!

I’m also Guilty of It, Admit to It and Proud of It !

I too like the Mature and Trashy look….

And just as Dolly Parton proudly says about herself….

“It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!”

And I don’t care how OLD my VTX gets.…

It’s STILL going to look Sexy as H~ll !

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ldrjim said:
Bankshot! You're back on the bike again. How are you feeling?

Jim
I have my days. As hard as it is to believe, the surgical wound is still open...6 months and counting. The surgeon thinks it will be a go within 60 days. I sure hope so!

I begged to get back on the bike in March and have built up some strength. Actually averaging 3000 miles a month. Last trip to Atlanta resulted in an afternoon hop to the Dragon! :lol: Done some 500+ mile rides. The meds allow me to do more than I really should. I keep telling the doctor that I use the pain meds to "prevent" pain, not relieve it. When I told him of the 700 mile ride back from the Dragon, he figured it out. He is very much in favor of my building strength before the next surgery...its my method that he questions! :roll:

Thought for a minute about doing a BBG but I came back to my senses quickly. I can ride the distance but physically the time is out of reach until I'm 100% again.

I keep checking the MTF board for a RTE that I can pull off. :) If all else fails, Stagecoach is a definite.

Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You came to Atlanta, visited the Dragoon, and didn't let me know. What's your surgeon's phone number. I think I need to consult with him on your case!?! :twisted:

Seriously, have you looked at the RTE in Benton, KY? I'm thinking that might be a fun ride. 5 hours each way from Atlanta if I don't venture too far off the slap.

OR, we could just call a RTE in your neck of the woods. It is your turn :shock: :roll: :lol: !

See you soon,

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts