Honda VTX Forum banner

Bike to Bike Coms with open face helmet

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  demarco 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Haven't posted in a while.
I have been looking for information about bike to bike communication using open face (3/4) helmets.
MY riding bud and I both have open face helmets and look-over windshields on our bikes.
Has anyone found a way for good communications with this setup?

Would be grateful to here of any success story's.

#9 · (Edited)
I have a sena 10s with my 3/4 open face.... works great... coms works great, other person can hear me fine, in fact other person had 3/4 open face as well... I thought it would be a issue, but the boom mic worked great... and I have no shield... he has a victory so it has the fairing...

Other then that, I use it every time i ride to listen to music...

#21 ·

I ride with a 3/4 helmet using a sena SMH5-UNIV (low cost, shorter com range. 400m?). I bought a dual pack and use it to com with my girl on the back and switch to shared music. Works great, 7-8 hr battery life. Noting that it is true, over 60mph it does become more difficult to hear your own voice and so I began speaking louder... which just blows out the gain on the other person. Speaking normal even at higher speeds will pick up your voice just fine with the boom mic cover. Riding a 2006VTX1300R with 2up windshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.