Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm going on a long trip. We're calling it "The Supervolcano Run" because Yellowstone is sittin' on one. Anyway, my trip starts in Dallas, GA to Vegas hopefully in my rig towing my VTX 1800Retro. Meeting up with my old ridin' buddies and touring Yellowstone, Black hills, Little Big horn and back to Sin City. Then trailer bike for trip back to Dallas.

I'm looking at riding the whole way if I can't find a decent trailer that doesn't cost a million dollars! I want a motorcycle trailer for a single bike, but have you seen what they want for one? After shipping and handling, you're looking at between 1800. and 2600. clams! I was hoping to keep the price (out the door, and to my garage) less than $700 if possible.

Do you think I'm dreamin'? Or do any of you have any ideas? Don't get me wrong, I love ridin' my bike, but before my bros. in Vegas ride mile one, my ass is over 2,000 miles into it. I'm 43 and my back, butt, hands and kidneys are not looking forward to the punishment. That's why I want to trailer my bike and drive my truck to Vegas.

Look forward to any suggestions.

Ride Safe,

J.D.
Dallas, Ga.

·
Registered
659 Posts
You can also check Holiday Campers in Douglasville,they have all kinds of trailers.

Enjoy the trip
Frog
USMVMC

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey J.D.,

I was going to email ya this one I found yesterday. It's a little steep but it's probably the lightest trailer you can buy and carry a fullsize bike on. It would be great on gas milage on your truck, as good as it could get towing anyway.

watch the video too, there's a link partway dowon the page.

http://www.wikco.com/stngrtrlr.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts