Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help again bike will not start. The battery is fine. It turns over , but won't start.
I checked :
full tank
choke is off
It almost sounds flooded. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
If its getting fuel & air..all thats left is spark... check the spark plugs... no fire, no start! This happened to my ATV 2 weeks ago... ran down the battery trying to crank it...then pulled the plug & it was dirty. Filed it down (no stores in the woods) and fired right up! Same symptoms.

Good luck!

·
Registered
644 Posts
check the petcock and make sure all the vacume hoses are hooked up. i had one come off on me and the bike smelled like gass but wouldnt start.

Chris

·
Registered
799 Posts
won't start

The small vacuum hose on the front facing side of the fuel shut off is a safety shut off. If this has come off, the bike will crank, but won't start. No gas.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am in no way trying to sound like an ass but......did you check to make sure your fuel switch was turned to on? Trust me, I've seen it happen :oops:

·
Registered
592 Posts
VTX4me said:
I am in no way trying to sound like an ass but......did you check to make sure your fuel switch was turned to on? Trust me, I've seen it happen :oops:
Man I'm guilty of that! Really felt foolish after making the discovery.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but we have all done it.....Is it in nuetral? With the kickstand down the kill switch will not let you start it in gear (even with the clutch in).
While were are visiting "dumb things we have ALL done" is the big red button by the thottle on?
Ok......flame me only if you have never done either on these guys :wink:
Please tell us what it is when you get it running......we need closure here :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts