Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one been to Biketoberfest during the week, I plan on goin up thursday morning and leaving Friday night. Are things in full gear on thursday?

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
nighthawkvtx said:
Has any one been to Biketoberfest during the week, I plan on goin up thursday morning and leaving Friday night. Are things in full gear on thursday?
... sure ...

:a13:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Biketoberfest in Daytona is only Thursday through Sunday

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very cool I've got a hotel set up in orange city.about 25miles from the track. I just have a hard time paying the ridulous rates they charge for staying right in daytona. Although at bike week I did use the hiltons bathrooms quite a bit :roll:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Watch yourself in Daytona. Don't pull into a gas station and then pull out, you'll get a ticket even if the pumps are lined up out to the street. Do have your eye protection in place even if you are moving your bike an inch. Watched a fella get a ticket just as he pulled out of the gas station and was pulling his glasses down. Bike was moving, eye protection was not in place. Car tries to hit me in an intersection as he is turning left, cop sits in his car and watches, does nothing.

Real biker friendly enviroment. If you just leave your wallet and don't ride your bike. And for those of you, like me, that think that these people that got tickets were drawing the attention to themselves, you would be incorrect. These events in Daytona bring a lot of citation money into the city.

I still had fun and was glad that I got to attend at least once.

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
mutt said:
Watch yourself in Daytona. Don't pull into a gas station and then pull out, you'll get a ticket even if the pumps are lined up out to the street. Do have your eye protection in place even if you are moving your bike an inch. Watched a fella get a ticket just as he pulled out of the gas station and was pulling his glasses down. Bike was moving, eye protection was not in place. Car tries to hit me in an intersection as he is turning left, cop sits in his car and watches, does nothing.

Real biker friendly enviroment. If you just leave your wallet and don't ride your bike. And for those of you, like me, that think that these people that got tickets were drawing the attention to themselves, you would be incorrect. These events in Daytona bring a lot of citation money into the city.

Daytona wants nothing to do with Bike Week, Biketoberfest, Spring Break, BCR.. They are doing their BEST to chase everone out :roll: :roll: Most everone has Moved North to Rossmyers (sp) in Ormond Beach..

To Me, Leesburg is The Best One to go to!! At Least in Fla :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
514 Posts
mutt said:

This seems to be true for the major biker events; the cops and cities are starting to use them as an opportunity to fill the coffers with a little biker jingle. Saw the same thing in Myrtle Beach this year, vendors charging $6 for parking and the city's meter maids out writing parking tickets in full force.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Kevin Kuiper said:
mutt said:

Daytona wants nothing to do with Bike Week, Biketoberfest, Spring Break, BCR.. They are doing their BEST to chase everone out :roll: :roll: Most everone has Moved North to Rossmyers (sp) in Ormond Beach..

To Me, Leesburg is The Best One to go to!! At Least in Fla :wink: :wink:
Our bike rally here in Charleston got shutdown this year because of insurance issues. Charleston apparently is the only city that requires it's bike rally to carry alcohol incident insurance which is like a million dollar policy ...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Badme said:
If the weather cooperates I want to leave friday morning and return sunday.
2400 miles in three days.
Good luck, you have a allot of miles to ride for 3 days. Used to be stationed in Tampa, rode home a few times on my bike (1982 Yamaha 750 Secca). Good day and a half one way. Did it once none stop. Allot younger then. :p But definitely due able...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.