Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of their VTX 1300 or 1800 w/ black exhausts or with the exhaust wraped with black exhaust wrap?
I'm looking for the black wrap in 2in wide, has any one found a great deal on a 50ft roll of it?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
You can order the wrap in different dimensions and colors from Eastwood or Jegs. A coworker is doing the headers now on his Boss Hoss, he ordered the wrap from Eastwood.

·
Registered
442 Posts
pipes

kai38, if you look at the last page of the 240 beauty contest post there are pics of my bike with a set of black pipes. They were built by Vince at Wide open cycles.
Jim

·
Registered
653 Posts
Do you lose the heat shields? Or is the wrap all you need not to melt your leg on the pipes?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dd3genrider said:
Do you lose the heat shields? Or is the wrap all you need not to melt your leg on the pipes?
I plan to remove the heat shields,paint the part of the pipes that were covered by the shields with high temp paint then wrap with the black wrap. I'll leave the last 18 ins unwraped and chrome.
If its too hot to my legs I can always remove the wrap & replace the shields.

·
Registered
653 Posts
One of the (TV) custom guys had a set of matte black pipes with heat shields. That was a good look.

Shields with wrap? Might work. (If you have too).

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Here's mine with a ceramic coat on part of the pipes. I still need to get a pic of them wrapped with the black header wrap to post. The pipe still gets warm, but, why would someone be laying their leg on it anyway. The good part about the wrap is that I haven't gotten any shoe-goo on it and if I do brush against it, nothing melts immediately. sorry again about the no-pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts