Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
24,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding on Hwy 18 through Auburn yesterday and was following a guy on a Honda Mag.Its 2 lanes going north and I noticed he was riding in the blind spot of the van on his left.Sure enoough the van pulled over into his lane and he just moved over onto the shoulder and accelerated by the van without a salute honk as calm as you can be.He took the same exit as I did and I pulled up next to him and mentioned he was very calm about what happened.He said it happens to him all the time in fact same thing happened in same spot yesterday. I mentioned that it never happens to me and he looked at me a little strangly.The light turned and we had to go before I could tell him I don't ride in peoples blind spots left or right side ever.
My point being you need to pay attention to where you are in relation to a cages mirrors.

·
Registered
704 Posts
you just take it for granted that riders should know that
guess that some don't

·
Registered
637 Posts
good reminder, we gotta gotta think safety, them suckers are bigger un us

·
Registered
589 Posts
I see the same thing on my way to work all the time. I get nervous watching a fellow rider and seeing them do that. Another thing occured to me while watching this; most of the riders appear to either be newbs or forced to ride their neighborhood scoots on the freeway due to fuel costs, when they would never had rode I-5 prior to high fuel prices.

It may be stereotyping, but most of the folks I see doing this are riding older 250-750cc class bikes. They have a milk crate strapped to the rear seat or luggage rack, and just have that overall "campground ride" look about them. It's scary.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i've noticed the same about the older bikes and many smaller sizes, but the milk-crates are showing up on all sizes and types, even on superbikes. I saw one northbound in everett this past friday afternoon in rush-hour, fringe throw-bags, milk-crate, backpack, superbike with canadia plates.

it's a trend that i'm not fond of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts