21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
:agree:

I use the multi grade light fluid. Can be used in all types of lights, blinkers, headlights, fog, driving and tail. I even put it in my bathroom lights.

Question ???
Is it best to remove the concrete from the handle bars or is it OK to leave in over the cold winter months? (who remembers this?)

I appreciate quick advice as it is 27 degrees out right now. Please help I am stressing over this.:frown:

Thanks in advance
It is the best to remove it for winter, or remove the bars and store inside. In the cold the concrete will shrink, and slightly shrink the metal with it. Come summer the concrete will expand, putting the metal bars under internal pressure. The danger is that one day you'll be riding along and ... BOOM ... the bars explode on you. That is unless you used handlebar / crash bar specific concrete. I think you need to special order that though.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
It is the best to remove it for winter, or remove the bars and store inside. In the cold the concrete will shrink, and slightly shrink the metal with it. Come summer the concrete will expand, putting the metal bars under internal pressure. The danger is that one day you'll be riding along and ... BOOM ... the bars explode on you. That is unless you used handlebar / crash bar specific concrete. I think you need to special order that though.
:bowdown:Harkon, Thanks so much. Sounds like you have first had experience and I will take your advice and knowledge.:thumbup: I feel so much better now I can't thank you enough. :beer3:
I am not sure what kind of concrete was used so off they come for the winter.

Reactions: Harkon

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
Thanks for the coupon RBS. Now if only I could find my glass cutter so I can cut it out and use it.
I tried that with my flat screen and a knife. It went black before I could get it removed. I think it's a trick coupon! RBS playing his silly games again!:frown:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another option

Well, I NEVER use my blinkers. It's nobody's business where I'm going..

BUT, I found a deal for you guys that do...

I was talking to an old gummer not long ago. He said the only thing he uses after November 1st through the entire holiday season is Pumpkin Seed Oil. It is readily available this time of year, the right color and better than Metamucil !! Yep. That's what he said. I swear. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
I was talking to an old gummer not long ago. He said the only thing he uses after November 1st through the entire holiday season is Pumpkin Seed Oil. It is readily available this time of year, the right color and better than Metamucil !! Yep. That's what he said. I swear. :thumbup:
Well if synthetic is DOT 5 and that is the best, organic must be DOT 0.01. Can't be all that good, can it? Of course it's non-toxic but it's supposed to be blinker fluid for cryin' out loud. Who eats blinker fluid anyway?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well if synthetic is DOT 5 and that is the best, organic must be DOT 0.01. Can't be all that good, can it? Of course it's non-toxic but it's supposed to be blinker fluid for cryin' out loud. Who eats blinker fluid anyway?

Doesn't matter, EVERYTHING comes with a prop 65 warning.

WARNING: This post can expose you to BS, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.

·
Registered
28,535 Posts
Not to hijack the Thread but,

This Winter I'm planning on adjusting the tension on the Piston Return Springs.
Does anyone have a Pilot Wrench I could borrow?

Also, I'd like your opinion on this, The Friendly Cat's Paw. I think it would be
perfect to use out in the rural areas where the Spandex Commandos like to ride.

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
Not to hijack the Thread but,

This Winter I'm planning on adjusting the tension on the Piston Return Springs.
Does anyone have a Pilot Wrench I could borrow?

Also, I'd like your opinion on this, The Friendly Cat's Paw. I think it would be
perfect to use out in the rural areas where the Spandex Commandos like to ride.
Just replace them;
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=49&zenid=tTBX4fayxBhc7nj22o,Ua0

The Cat's Paw has some possibilities, but I think I'd like it better if it were propane powered.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The reason ya crack me up is this malarkey about winter air/ summer air. Who is going to believe that? Stick with the basic rules and you will never go wrong. Low humidity air for sports bikes and high humidity air for cruisers. Its worked for years and the old guys reckon if you stick with the rules you need only service your tyre valves annually. Now pass me the striped paint so I can finish doing the VTX. Its gunna look great in five colours.

·
Premium Member
6,530 Posts
The reason ya crack me up is this malarkey about winter air/ summer air. Who is going to believe that? Stick with the basic rules and you will never go wrong. Low humidity air for sports bikes and high humidity air for cruisers. Its worked for years and the old guys reckon if you stick with the rules you need only service your tyre valves annually. Now pass me the striped paint so I can finish doing the VTX. Its gunna look great in five colours.
You are in the southern hemisphere, and your toilets swirl the opposite direction so things are different there than up here in the northern hemisphere. Low humidity air I sport bike tires results in less traction when taking left hand corners up here. It's all about the earth's rotation and such. At least that's what 95% of all climate scientist say.

Striped paint is harder to come by up here, especially in the US, because they aren't on the metric system.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Now pass me the striped paint so I can finish doing the VTX. Its gunna look great in five colours.

Have your ever tried plaid paint? Scottish riders love this stuff!

Striped paint is boring by comparison...

21 - 40 of 51 Posts