Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
As I live in the tropics. Do you guys think I can use coconot oil as a substitute for the blinker oil?馃あ
Coconut oil maybe in warmer climates, but coconot oil has "not" in the name which would indicate it is NOT a suitable substitute.

Registered
As I live in the tropics. Do you guys think I can use coconot oil as a substitute for the blinker oil?馃あ
Coconut oil maybe in warmer climates, but coconot oil has "not" in the name which would indicate it is NOT a suitable substitute.

Actually, the correct spelling is Coconut, which leads me to believe it might be better used to loosen nuts, sorta like WD-40.

Registered
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Actually, the correct spelling is Coconut, which leads me to believe it might be better used to loosen nuts, sorta like WD-40.

If it's Coconot oil that means it isn't oil, (DUH!) so don't use it as oil (use it as Coco). Coconut oil isn't actually NUT oil because a coconut isn't a nut, it's a fruit (look it up). :surprise: As such, the fruit oil shouldn't be used to lube/loosen anything except maybe a fruit that gets stuck somewhere....>:)

Registered
Give the vtx a go over with throttle paste then took it for a run. The horsepower difference is quite noticeable. Its hard to find but worth seeking out.

Registered
Help Help Help Me!!!
I am still having an issue with my muffler bearing. I keep getting a rattle when I open her up. She seems to buck and hesitate a bit when I am trying to speed up from about 55mph. I have it revved up to 1250rpm in 5th but sometimes it just doesnt want to go! Where is the part number and cheapest price for the muffler bearing?
My buddy said that has to be the problem. It was on his buddies super fast Chinese electric bike. They swapped it out and it made a huge impact on performance.
And by the way got any videos of the procedure or should I take it in to the stealership?? Please help I got a ride to the watering hole at the end of the block next week that me and my buddies are getting all geared up for.

Registered
Help Help Help Me!!!
I am still having an issue with my muffler bearing. I keep getting a rattle when I open her up. She seems to buck and hesitate a bit when I am trying to speed up from about 55mph. I have it revved up to 1250rpm in 5th but sometimes it just doesnt want to go! Where is the part number and cheapest price for the muffler bearing?
My buddy said that has to be the problem. It was on his buddies super fast Chinese electric bike. They swapped it out and it made a huge impact on performance.
And by the way got any videos of the procedure or should I take it in to the stealership?? Please help I got a ride to the watering hole at the end of the block next week that me and my buddies are getting all geared up for.

I bought mine from Junior Samples down at HeeHaw Motorsports part # br549. These are chrome muffler bearings and bogo for $99.99. Try [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Help Help Help Me!!!
1250rpm??? Do NOT give it full throttle at that engine speed in top gear.

Folks, I understand this thread had devolved into a joke for y'all but we need to take good care of our bikes and not abuse them too much.
So please, all seriousness aside, consider the effect of the low rpm/high power on the turbo encabulator, you don't want to blow it.
You should LISTEN TO ME, it gets expensive come rebuild time.
If you won't take my word for it, how about Bud Haggert's word? Y'all should recognize him from many instructional videos, this man really knows what he's talking about.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts