Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2003 VTX 1300 on Monday and it has rained ever since. I'm ready to get out.
I had what i thought was a rear blinker out. I guess not. This is what i have.
On the left side the front blinker blinks at double time. it does not come on as a running light. The left rear will not light even with a working bulb. The right side works fine. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I worked on a bike for a friend that had the same problem. I found that the wire going to the rear blinker had been cut and was grounding against the frame. You could have a similar problem. Or, it's possible that your left rear has come unplugged, and if not mistaken, that is under the driver seat. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Piper

You have a PM.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no success. Could it be a relay? if so where are they located? I didn't get an owners manual with the bike.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Still no success. Could it be a relay? if so where are they located? I didn't get an owners manual with the bike.
no it is a bad connection or a short, check the connections in the headlight bucket as well as behind the right side cover the problem is probably there.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Headlight bucket: green wire that has a double connector is ground, then there is Blue (Right Flash) and Blue with white stripe (right running light),orange (left flash) and orange with white stripe (left runnig light)

Rear, wire comes though the fender at the right side cover under the seat. Similar setup: Green ground, Blue (rt blinker) Orange (Left Blinker)

P.S. the rear stock are signals only (not running lights)

Check ALL connections, make sure they are not loose.

Sometimes bulbs "look good" but are not, switch bulbs side to side in the rear to check bulbs.

my bet would be loose connection of the orange wire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts