Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite month to ride the Parkway ?
Last year we went during the peak of the " Leafer Season ". It was a bit crowded to say the least. This year I'm thinking about the 1st week of October. What do you think?

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
Lowrider said:
What's your favorite month to ride the Parkway ?
Last year we went during the peak of the " Leafer Season ". It was a bit crowded to say the least. This year I'm thinking about the 1st week of October. What do you think?
Still crowded, but nice...don't forget that while they don't all come in from the East side, October sees in excess of 106,000 per weekend invade Knoxville on home game weekends and a whole lot of folk travel throughout the area then! JMHO.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I like it best in the winter. The leaves are missing from the trees making the views much better. Less traffic also. I rode it last week from Boone to Cherokee and it was very nice, very green and light traffic. Still prefer the large views.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just rode the parkway last weekend from Spruce Pine to Cherokee. Like the previous poster said, the traffic was extremely light and the views this time of year are spectacular! I don't like to ride it during "leaf season" because of the excessive amount of traffic,but that's just me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I live 20 min. from the parkway and the summer time is always great is always alot cooler up there and makes from a comfortable day of riding..

·
Registered
595 Posts
redhot-x said:
I live 20 min. from the parkway and the summer time is always great is always alot cooler up there and makes from a comfortable day of riding..
That's the ticket! If you ride there anytime other than summer, be prepared to get a little chilly. It's great, but you better dress for it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It's great any time of the year. Every time I've been up there it's nice. In fact .... I'm leaving in about an hour on a 7 day ride starting on the BRP :D

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
tnretro said:
redhot-x said:
That's the ticket! If you ride there anytime other than summer, be prepared to get a little chilly. It's great, but you better dress for it.
I was just up there a few weeks ago. I caught the BRP up outta Etowah and rode up to Boone and back. Traffic wasn't bad at all. The rainstorms are a bit on the chilly side tho'. Carry raingear.

·
Registered
332 Posts
We rode it this last April and really enjoyed it, very little traffic. I love it in the Fall when the trees are turning, but you have to watch out for wet leaves on the pavement (can make for a nasty fall) Like some say any time is great to be in the mountains.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
We rode last fall on the "peak weekend" and I didn't think the traffic was bad at all. I love the fall and the colors. We about froze riding in 28 degree weather in the am but the ride was GREAT!

I love the Parkway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts