Honda VTX Forum banner

bluetooth tire pressure monitor system

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  henkvdb 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the bluetooth TPMS? Looking at my phone seems alot easier than trying to work around my saddlebags and rolling my rear wheel into just the right position. Also, it can send audible alerts over my intercom headset if I suddenly get a low pressure reading while riding!

#9 ·
#6 ·
Using the same one from EBay, working good.
Head unit holds a charge long time, only charged when it was installed.
Tires PSI goes up 3-4 lbs, Rear runs slightly warmer.

#7 ·
One more vote for the system above..... its the "CAREUD" one, and I got mine from Amazon for $52.87.

I was skeptical, but after having used it almost every day now for about two months, I have to say I am impressed.

Just last week I finally had to charge the unit off the bike, and when I put it back on, it synched right back up the next time I rode.

The unit does turn itself off automatically when you park.....it turns back on when you move the bars....I didnt realize that and discovered it quite accidentally. I had been turning it off after each ride and back on before each ride. NO NEED TO!!!

The instructions are , at best, mediocre. They were written by someone not 100% fluent with English so there is some deciphering you need to do.

You have to set the minimum and maximum temps and pressures (there is an alarm that goes off when you reach those limits) and you have to set the unit for either degrees F or C and pressure LBS or metric (brain fart right now, cant recall the metric equivalent).

The monitor saves the last pressure readings right before you parked. Then updates when you move the bike......seems like sometimes it tales more movement to get it to refresh, which is a bit of a pain since I like to know the pressure BEFORE I pull the bike out of the garage....but so far it has been OK.

I have been shocked at the swing of the pressures and temps, especially the rear.

On one of the hottest days the temp of the rear went to 115 degrees and 46 pounds.....I keep my rear at 38-40 and my front at 33-34.

I have verified the pressure readings with my favorite stick type gauge and its dead-on for me.

I have switched to the T style metal tire valves so I can add air without removing the sensor, which is a bit of a pain.

The unit is said to be waterproof, and so far so good --- heavy rains and washes have not been an issue. Although I did notice some moisture on the inside of the screen (fog, a tiny bit) for a couple days after a major soaking.....will have to watch that.

Will have to wait and see how long the batteries in the sensors themselves last. Hoping it is a long time....that is the only thing yet to be discovered.

Have to say, my experience with this relatively inexpensive product has been great!

#12 ·
I have switched to the T style metal tire valves so I can add air without removing the sensor, which is a bit of a pain.
That is a great suggestion for my next tire change. I also have FOBO2 and taking these sensors off and on is a pain.
Since I have installed these last fall I learned two things:
  • Over time you lose pressure, and since with my back problems I try to avoid checking pressure I am sure that at times I have been running far too low. My previous front tire lasted only 6000 miles which was ridiculously bad. Now with the TPMS at least I only have to get on my knees when I know I MUST add air. Maybe, again with my next tire change, switch to nitrogen.
  • As soon as you start riding the temperature goes up fast which taught me that the only time to really set a target pressure is at home when tires are cold.

#8 ·
I always double check the unit with my pressure gage as well before leaving the house. Seems to me the rear heats up faster because of the harder throttle input I throw at it. That and the front tire is out in the wind not hidden behind the motor and under cover from the rear fender. IDK

#11 ·
I switched to FOBO Bike 2 external TPMS and I am glad I did. I still have the midline metal valve stems from when I used the internal TPMS, so I don't have to worry about catastrophic valve stem failure. I can check the tire pressures anytime I am within blue tooth range, so I can check while the tires are cold. That's all I really wanted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.