Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VTX1800N3 Stock except for Barnette Clutch Springs
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 1800n3. I would like to put stock grips back on her but Iv found that hard to find. After all these years, what have the vets found to be the best grips? Id buy OEM from a member if they have any gathering dust or know where to get them.

·
Old Goat
26,306 Posts
Lot of stuff out of production…just like the bikes…Most will probably suggest Kury…I’m a big fan of Big Bike Comfort grips they dont list honda anymore…but as long as its a 1” bar and throttle side is 5 1/4 “ I was good…(Yamaha).. good luck on your choice..🤞

OEM

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have a 2006 1800n3. I would like to put stock grips back on her but Iv found that hard to find. After all these years, what have the vets found to be the best grips? Id buy OEM from a member if they have any gathering dust or know where to get them.
I have a pair of stock grips that only lack the inner throttle sleeve. You're welcome to 'em.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a pair of stock grips that only lack the inner throttle sleeve. You're welcome to 'em.
Thank you so much. Please let me know your address and the best way to pay you for them + shipping.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lot of stuff out of production…just like the bikes…Most will probably suggest Kury…I’m a big fan of Big Bike Comfort grips they dont list honda anymore…but as long as its a 1” bar and throttle side is 5 1/4 “ I was good…(Yamaha).. good luck on your choice..🤞

OEM
What happens with dated bikes like these when parts that are discontinued are still needed?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
What happens with dated bikes like these when parts that are discontinued are still needed?
As time moves certain parts will get harder to find. If you know you will be keeping your VTX for a while stay ahead buying parts for maintenance, that's what I'm doing. Myself, I'm thinking on keeping my bike a little past 20 years old, it's been an amazing run, the longest I've owned one bike.

·
Super Moderator
64,384 Posts
like asking a group "What flavor ice cream should I like?" Whatever you like the looks of and be sure they are made for a Honda and 1inch bars. Harley grips are different, they wont work the cable ends are different. Same with the other brands, all are slightly different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts