Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many vtx people are in these area,Also how many people meet up for a ride or somewhere to eat or just get together for anything. just wondering

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Scottsboro here, but you knew that already. I'm usually up for something with a little notice and if I'm not scheduled to work. I work every third weekend , sat and sun.

·
Registered
164 Posts
About 20 west of Cullman here. The weather was warmer today so I got out and put about 120 miles on my VTX. It seems that something always prevents me from going to the M&G's, but maybe I can attend the next one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why dont we

Why dont we start being a little more sociable. getting togeather for rides or out to eat or just meet up and tell lies.hawk is the only one I know who had any thing going on last year my granddaughter was with me we did pass by. I thought of the havoc a 5 year could do so chose not to stop. The other time was the m&g at cheaha.Took the harley (don't know why) had a flat pushed it up to a old torn down gas station but it did have a roof took my brother 3 hours to load my trailer on my truck and drive 52 miles. Anyway if someone is riding and wants someone to ride with get on the Alabama board. THIS BOARD IS REALLY LONELY.:popcorn:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I usually do the two M&G at cheaha, spring and fall. I get up to Gadsden and Little River, Cloud Canyon a few times a year. Did a ride last year with Hawk and some others, Bama Rides guys, Hans from Georgia. Most of my winter riding is under the 100 mile mark, then about Mid March or so the fuel bill goes up..................ride safe safe travels

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'll probably be scheduling my annual tech session pretty soon. So everyone keep their eyes open for it. Sometime in late March or early April.
We also need to be thinking about the Bama VTX Riders Meet and Greet at Mt Cheaha for Spring. April or May sometime.
I'll be looking for input from everyone for both events. So keep that in mind.
I would like to see the Alabama forum more active here and over on the Café as well.

My suggestion would be if you wanna ride put something together. Pick a day, a meet up point and a route. Post it up and see if you can get some folks together. Just be more proactive when it comes to making things happen. I'm always up for a nice ride given enough notice and there are no scheduling conflicts. By that I mean either work or wife.

Also a good place to meet folks to ride in the area is Bama Rides.
http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php

There's usually something going on there and if not start one up. Most of the organized rides I go on are from BamaRides and not from here or the café.

The biggest problem with the VTX forums is limiting your rides to just VTX owners. Although the overall membership is great they are just too scattered around the whole country.

BR can offer more localized membership for your area in Alabama. And just like any other forum , BR has it's share of dickheads but for the most part I've had several very pleasurable rides with them. I've met a lot a really great folks there and have nothing but high regard for the people that run the site, the folks I've met and ridden with and the overall experience. So give that a try too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am here in Huntsville. I have not been very active lately due to travailing all over for work but I will do what I can to meet up. Really need to get out and ride.

Bama Rides is a great place to find some good rides with local people. had some good times with that group. Need to hit up the next ride.

Hawk
I will do what I can to make it to your tech session. I will be in China from the start of march till the 15th but should not have to travel for a bit after that.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I am here in Huntsville. I have not been very active lately due to travailing all over for work but I will do what I can to meet up. Really need to get out and ride.

Bama Rides is a great place to find some good rides with local people. had some good times with that group. Need to hit up the next ride.

Hawk
I will do what I can to make it to your tech session. I will be in China from the start of march till the 15th but should not have to travel for a bit after that.

Hey dude, good to hear from you. China Huh?? that's very cool.

Not sure exactly when either event will be. Got some stuff going on myself that makes it hard to plan anything too far in advance. When I can see a little more clearly I'll post up some possible dates and get a consensus.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Your not that far from most of us. I am on Sand Mountain close to Flat Rock.
No telling what i will be riding though. I ride what ever key I have in my pocket most of the time.
I will try to visit this page more often, I don't do cold weather riding. Too much metal in me body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts