Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a NEW VTX!

It's the 2007 VTX1300R in Metallic Blue.

She's bare-bones, stripped-down... for now!

I'll be adding mods to her over the next year, so stay tuned for the updates as they happen!

·
Registered
16,086 Posts
Looks like a nice bike Bob. Can't wait to see her and ride with you again 8)

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missing Tools and Owner's Manual

Well... imagine that... when I went to inventory my tool bag not only did I notice there was no owner's manual, but the tool bag held only the handle, a phillips tip, and the 5mm and 6mm allen wrenches.

Luckily I was planning on going back to the dealership tomorrow for breakfast/lunch with members of my motorcycle club (there's a restaurant in the dealership).

So, I'll just confront the parts desk about the discrepancy when I'm there tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ISO Grips, Battery Charger, Seats, Highway Pegs

Well...

I haven't done any mods to Debbie Too... but I have orders in for Ultimate Lowrider seats, Kuryakyn Highway peg mounts, and I have sitting in my garage the Kuryakyn ISO Grips and the motorcycle-end of the Battery Tender cable.

Maybe this weekend I'll put the ISO Grips and the battery charger cable on.

The seats and highway peg mounts will have to wait until I come back from a business trip to California.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New Seats Installed!

18 March 08 - 562 Miles

I installed a set of Ultimate Lowriders on my bike!

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
600 Mile Inspection

10 April 08 - 728 Miles

Well :oops: better late than never!

I just had my 600 mile checkup done by a mechanic in a neighboring town (Anacortes, WA).

He did all the mandatory, required checks... PLUS...
...he rejetted the carb to eliminate the cold-natured tendencies,
...adjusted the clutch so that the clutch doesn't engage/disengage at the bottom of the stroke (I asked him to do that I really didn't like the engage/disengage at the bottom),
...and he took some of the slop out of the accelerator.

He also changed out the final drive oil with synthetic oil.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kuryakyn ISO Grips, BrakeAway and Windvest Windshield

11 April 08 - 774 miles

I received my WindVest Windshield and slapped it on the bike in about 15 minutes! VERY easy install.

Then I decided to go ahead and install the Kuryakyn ISO grips and my BrakeAway throttle lock.

I had a minor setback when I went to install the ISO grips. The glue that came with the grips was dried up in the little bottles!

I dug out some glue from a "utility" drawer in my house and used it on the throttle grip.

When I related this little problem in the Washington X Riders forum, PinkPanther suggested that I just forget the glue because the grips take a LOT of effort to push them on the handlebars!

So I decided to try that route. Hopefully I don't come back on here in a few months with a sad tale of losing my grip while motoring down the highway!!

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
16 May 08 - 1886 Miles

I did the "invisible key" mod.

I bought the mod parts off a VTXOA member. Here's his website: Chrome Magnon Keys

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
20 May 08 - 2345 Miles

I just received a Honda Deluxe Backrest with Deluxe Luggage Rack.

I installed it the same day. I had to take the spacers out of the Leatherlyke Luggage brackets, otherwise the bolts holding the backrest and Leatherlykes would have been too short!

I was mildly concerned that the Leatherlykes wouldn't clear the rear shock absorbers. It was close, but they cleared (barely!). Another concern was that the bolts would now be too long and would rub the tires. That turned out to not be a problem either.

So.... I now have my passenger backrest with luggage rack installed!

And here's a little something I added to my license plate.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
04 June 08 - 2463 Miles

I finally installed the Battery Tender pig-tail. I had taken the seat off to look at possibly adding an auxiliary fuse panel and installed the battery tender pig-tail while the seat was off.

I did NOT add the auxiliary fuse panel. Not yet any way!

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
13 Jun 08 - 2761 Miles

FINALLY installed my Formotion clock!

Here it is mounted on my handlebar:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
14 June 2008 - 3394 Miles

I finally painted my Leather Gas Tank Bib that I ordered from RobT at Peaceful Cruisin'.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
18 June 2008 - 3595 Miles

YAAAAYY! I finally got my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS! It was waiting for me when I got home last night and I installed it first thing this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
21 June 2008 - 3850 Miles

Installed Kuryakyn ISO Throttle Boss ends to my hand grips.

I put one on both grips to maintain symmetry :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
23 June 2008 - 3929 Miles

I just changed the oil. I still had 8 quarts of Honda GN4 oil that I bought from Direct Line Parts for my previous 1300S.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
27 June 2008 - 3965 Miles

I just installed a stainless steel plate (that I cut from sheet stock) across the back of my passenger backrest that allowed me to install a US flag.

I'm getting ready to install a POW/MIA flag and a flag of my motorcycle club.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
16 July 2008 - 5289

Just had my 4000 mile service done by my mechanic in Coupeville, WA.

He changed the spark plugs, changed the oil to Castrol GTX Synthetic and oil filter and lubed several points.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
20 July 2008 - 5932 Miles

I just installed some Kuryakyn X-tensions for my highway pegs. I couldn't use my highway pegs as they were. When the pegs were all the way back so that I could reach them with my "stubby" legs they interfered with my foot brake and shifter. When they were all the way forward to keep them from interfering I couldn't reach them :x

So, I put the X-tensions on and the extensions raised the highway pegs about two inches. No more interference and I could now set them all the way back allowing me to use the highway pegs.

Here's a photo of the X-tensions:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts