Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ll get you some. Was gonna get bike out from winter storage this week (I’m in Wisconsin) but we are under a “essential travel only“ order til April 24.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Found one. Can’t see the decap because it looks stock but makes big difference with the pipes, the pair mod and the rejetting. View attachment 170808
Nice bike
Hoping for pics of what decap looks like. What is the cover now on "standoffs" with space between the cover and housing?

Pic says 1000 words...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks. Gotcha... I’ll send in a month Unless order is lifted sooner. basically there’s some air box that extends above the chrome plastic cover to tank bottom. a chunk of that gets removed with some other. So you don’t see anything til cover and filter off and out. the air box stays the same shape and stuff but with some places removed. Think about a cardboard box with “windows” cut in it. Keeps integrity but breathes way better.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks. Gotcha... I’ll send in a month Unless order is lifted sooner. basically there’s some air box that extends above the chrome plastic cover to tank bottom. a chunk of that gets removed with some other. So you don’t see anything til cover and filter off and out. the air box stays the same shape and stuff but with some places removed. Think about a cardboard box with “windows” cut in it. Keeps integrity but breathes way better.
is your bike re-jetted? If not, would someone be able to get away with keeping their re-jet with the decap mod?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hypercharger should work fine, if air flow is the prob. I had a 900 Vulcan with one. I do not see how a leg could effect air flow with it installed. Then there is the point that it is hard to go wrong with stock! I did not read you say you did try riding it with NO filter. Do that prior to changing anything.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
I'm late to the party, but I CAN confirm that it's the intake, because I have the same one and had the same issue when I had the Kuryakyn Cruise mounts and pegs. However, I could eliminate it by cocking my right foot out to the right at an angle. I eventually got rid of them, because I was dragging the bottom of the mounts in deep turns and creating a "pogo-stick" effect.

I'm going to assume you're short, judging by the way you have the pegs mounted back toward you. If you're not fully stretched out right now, you could try adjusting them down the crash bar some, if room allows for it and you're not hitting the rear brake pedal.

If you really need the highway pegs, you probably could fab up a way to mount something underneath the floorboards and have them come up/out to give your feet another place to rest them. Kuryakyn made something for the stock 1300R/S/T floorboards, but that stuff is getting very hard to find now that the VTX lineup has been discontinued for over 10 years.

Good luck!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts