Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Looking at the pic. I believe the pic is the left side of the engine. Looking at the front cylinder. I believe the bolt in your pic is a bolt for the timing chain tensioner bolts. Looking a the manual it does look like it. I would find a different bolt. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just from looking at schematics I would say that is the bolt for the cam chain guide. Not knowing how it will affect the position of the guide I would say don't do anything until someone who knows for certain posts.

·
Super Moderator
64,223 Posts
Yes, do NOT just pull bolts out of the engine case on Honda's. They have a funny way of holding something on the INSIDE of the engine and if you take it off $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in labor costs to reattach

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, do NOT just pull bolts out of the engine case on Honda's. They have a funny way of holding something on the INSIDE of the engine and if you take it off $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in labor costs to reattach
that's why I asked first. Thanks for saving me. Merry Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
64,223 Posts
I know, just adding that disclaimer for any others that might have the same thought sometime down the road. One 1800 owner did just that, said he pulled a bolt and heard something fall inside the cylinder. He spent a lot of money with his Honda shop to fix it :yikes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts