Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas as to what works to remove melted boot marks from the exhaust? I did a search but came up empty handed.
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spike, still learning about the site.thanks again

·
Registered
16 Posts
craig r said:
Any ideas as to what works to remove melted boot marks from the exhaust? I did a search but came up empty handed.
Thanks
Sounds crazy, but try Spray N Wash. It takes off tar, might work on bootmarks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
bom's away metal polish,,,,

from bad to the bom, but i heard that bom-(best overall method) has changed their name to bam. but thats the all around cleaner. you have to get their metal polish to get melted boot off exhaust. it takes a little rubbing but it won't hurt the chrome. i did it for my friend, it works.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I used Mother's Chrome Polish the other day - worked great taking off some shoe rubber.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Removing melted rubber

I use acetone. Works well on all the rubber I used to get on my V&H pipes and its non-abrasive. Make sure pipes are cool.
Ron

·
Registered
145 Posts
Boot marks on pipes

Use the finest steel wool you can find and Brasso. Anyone who's been in the service knows about Brasso. This combination takes those marks off like they were butter. Just be careful and you won't harm the chrome.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Easy-off oven cleaner works great also. Get the exhaust hot, then spray on the cleaner and let dry and then wipe off. Just be careful not to get the cleaner on any painted surfaces. I've used easy-off to remove boot marks and denim burns off my exhausts. Sounds kinda corny ... but it works! An old biker friend that I used to ride w/ in AZ passed on this knowledge to me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
UofM-Fanatic said:
Easy-off oven cleaner works great also. Get the exhaust hot, then spray on the cleaner and let dry and then wipe off. Just be careful not to get the cleaner on any painted surfaces. I've used easy-off to remove boot marks and denim burns off my exhausts. Sounds kinda corny ... but it works! An old biker friend that I used to ride w/ in AZ passed on this knowledge to me.
Cobra sent me an e-mail with the "Easy-Off oven cleaner" solution for cleaning melted stuff on pipes. A friend of mine has a Warrior and tried all kinds of things to get the boot marks off... I told him about the Easy-off and it worked great for him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts