Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

With the continued quarantine, I thought it would be interesting to see what you all have been passing the time with.

Afternoons and evenings are the biggest challenge. too much TV, Youtube, and not enough exercise so I got to get on the treadmill more.

I found this on YouTube, link provided and free to watch. Great movie.

Registered
I spent the last two nights watching Stephen King's 'The Stand' on DVD.
My internet streaming got so bad, like it is right now, to watch anything else.
I am therefore glad I still have a few hundred DVDs.

I have seen The Stand at least half a dozen times, but this time I saw something that I for some unexplained reason had not noticed before: it showed a roll of toilet paper (for fans: when Nadine finally meets up with Randal).
Yes, Stephen King figured it all out years ago.

馃槇

Registered
I've already watched through Mountain Men and Ice Road Truckers and Colombo on Pluto...
Dropped DirectTV 2 years ago...

Colombo was a LOT of episodes/seasons.... watched every one..lol

Youtube, Netflix, Pluto, VLC player (Stored movies) on the TV. Then there is VTXOA too...
and Motorcycle riding is a BIG one, but more and more feeling that i shouldn't be out and about in this pandemic....

Registered
I / we are still riding the bicycles 15 miles every day...
was warned yesterday by police.. no pleasure riding..

I am NOT under house arrest.. so I do what I want...
and being Anti-Social. I am NOT in contact with anyone. except for the wife.

Registered
I went to Lowe's yesterday, 3 trips, maybe 6 mi. ea. way, to get 25 bags of mulch they had on sale. Distancing. Only contact was to insert my card into the reader. My Equinox only held 10 bags at a time, and I didn't want to put the seats down. Then finished my spring maintenance on the mower- greased the pulley bearings, sharpened the blades, ran it for a bit to make sure all is working OK. My grass isn't really high yet, just a couple places that needed trimmed. I think today I might get the bike off the stand, but really nowhere to go. The firehall cancelled fish fry Fridays, even take-out. Went back to our local watering hole the bar's closed but selling take-out fish dinners. Next we will have to call for an appointment to shop, even for groceries and prescriptions.

Registered
We are not quarantined, but we are staying in the house most of the time. Reading, writing, browsing the Internet, texting, emailing, working on projects in the shop, getting motorcycles ready for summer storage, staining the back stairs, walking, riding bicycle, cooking, watching NetFlix at night. Never a dull moment and time flies by.

Registered
We are not quarantined, but we are staying in the house most of the time. Reading, writing, browsing the Internet, texting, emailing, working on projects in the shop, getting motorcycles ready for summer storage, staining the back stairs, walking, riding bicycle, cooking, watching NetFlix at night. Never a dull moment and time flies by.
I better ride today before i lose my mind... but then i'll have to get gas or come home almost empty... oh no... infection 馃槰

I'm thinking riding close behind other bikes isn't good these days, think of all particles flying back at you from the other riders .. oh no... infection 馃槼馃槺

This sucks now and it's only 4-4-20.... this could be going on for months...

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I better ride today before i lose my mind... but then i'll have to get gas or come home almost empty... oh no... infection 馃槰

I'm thinking riding close behind other bikes isn't good these days, think of all particles flying back at you from the other riders .. oh no... infection 馃槼馃槺

This sucks now and it's only 4-4-20.... this could be going on for months...
Yep, truth is, cant say "they" know the full truth of how long this will go on.
Local gov't has encouraged getting outside as long as distancing is used, so I have been going on a ride, weather permitting daily for an hour or so.

Most of the parking lots are pretty vacant, so I have been having some fun with slow speed maneuvers. I can do figure 8's pretty handily, 2 car spaces wide x 2 long. but could always get smoother. I figured I just as well practice some and get some benefit and increase my riding skills.

Registered
I have three small kids. 9, 5 and 11 months.

plus I have my wife鈥檚 ancient Porsche in pieces fixing everything.

sometimes I sneak out for a ride.

Oh, and I troll the snot out of the internet.

Registered
I watch Nancy Pelosi trying and trying and trying to find a way to get to the goodies.
Every day for at least 15 minutes she keeps gnawing every single metal bar, furiously shaking the cage.
And she still keeps trying, some day she hopes to get the inside scoop and will impeach Trump, again.

Meet Nancy:

Registered
I'm still working (government essential) but boredom isn't part of my vocabulary. I've never had enough time to do what I want to do anytime in my life and I was unemployed 6 months during the last great recession. There is barely enough time in a day to do all the exercise, motorcycle projects and reading I'd love to do. I'm a fan of video games and they can eat up hours and hours of time.

I love to read and currently am 'juggling' about five books right now with a seemingly endless list of titles I'd love to read. I like to write too so one of these days I'd love to have time to write and publish a fiction story or novel. I honestly think boredom is greatly associated with a lack of imagination and/or motivation for discovery. None of us will every have enough time to learn all there is to learn.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts