Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and the old lady were out cruising today then coming home when i leaned only to the left we could hear what sounded like the tire hitting the fender or possible bearing,came home rode it alone ,no noise,adjusted the shocks stiffer will test again tommorrow with her on it but i can't see why stiffeneing the shocks would help,no sign on the rear tire from rubbing like i said i'll see tommorrow with her on it again.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
neil said:
me and the old lady were out cruising today then coming home when i leaned only to the left we could hear what sounded like the tire hitting the fender or possible bearing,came home rode it alone ,no noise,adjusted the shocks stiffer will test again tommorrow with her on it but i can't see why stiffeneing the shocks would help,no sign on the rear tire from rubbing like i said i'll see tommorrow with her on it again.
Could it be a cupped front tire your hearing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
noise

Check those rear pilot bearings. There has been alot of problems with them. I just had to replace mine

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
DonG is correct . I'm betting a box of donuts its cupping.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me this weekend.When I would turn left at a slow speed I could feel a dragging sensation in the rear and my wife could feel it also. Bearings ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts