Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried everything to contact Champion sidecar or to purchase brackets for these Patriot hard bags. Also have seen a few homemade brackets which I am willing to do (or hire a metal fabricating shop) if someone has a clear diagram or template-for that bag and my bike. these bags have space grooved out for shocks so it would be a shame to not have them snug up against fender rail like their brackets seem to do. Easy or Ghost brackets I am afraid will allow for 'give' or vibrating/shaking. I have had a number of bags on this bike and tried all sorts of things...many of which shake or vibrate or just didn't work too well. The hondaline leather bags are on now and the fit is great and bracket is sturdy but I have issue with space and not being able to lock. I have installed smaller turn signals and have lower straight pipes - so in every other respect I am ready but no solid bracket or bracket idea. These Bags I bought off of 'Sun Racing' or something like that...used-from Ebay. Had no idea the champion ? Patriot company would be so unavailable (or out of business?) on this matter. Seems if they were in business they could snatch up some money from me for a set of brackets! Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I have tried everything to contact Champion sidecar or to purchase brackets for these Patriot hard bags. Also have seen a few homemade brackets which I am willing to do (or hire a metal fabricating shop) if someone has a clear diagram or template-for that bag and my bike. these bags have space grooved out for shocks so it would be a shame to not have them snug up against fender rail like their brackets seem to do. Easy or Ghost brackets I am afraid will allow for 'give' or vibrating/shaking. I have had a number of bags on this bike and tried all sorts of things...many of which shake or vibrate or just didn't work too well. The hondaline leather bags are on now and the fit is great and bracket is sturdy but I have issue with space and not being able to lock. I have installed smaller turn signals and have lower straight pipes - so in every other respect I am ready but no solid bracket or bracket idea. These Bags I bought off of 'Sun Racing' or something like that...used-from Ebay. Had no idea the champion ? Patriot company would be so unavailable (or out of business?) on this matter. Seems if they were in business they could snatch up some money from me for a set of brackets! Any help would be appreciated!
Champion Trikes
11841 Monarch Street
Garden Grove CA, 92841-2110
(800) 875-0949 TOLL FREE
:dontknow:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts