Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 1800 S, with a really dim brake light. I ordered the 1157 in LED to brighten things up. When I took out the regular bulb, it looked normal. I installed the LED light and it was lit up with the key on (tail light perhaps). However, the tag light was now out, when hitting the brake pedal, the LED didn't get any brighter, but the tag light came on. As soon as I let go of the brakes, the tag light goes back out. Swapped the regular bulb back in and did some more tinkering. With the lens off, I can tell that only 1 filament of the bulb was lighting up, and when I pushed the brake pedal, the same filament was still lit up, just marginally brighter. Any idea what gives? I really want to get this brake light working better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard everyone, I figured it out. Under the right cover, the green wire was plugged into the green/yellow wire with the bullet type connectors and vice versa. Swapped them out and everything is working correctly. Even got the LED bulb installed and it’s brighter than ever. Feel way safer now.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
FWIW, a 2357 is a brighter alternative than the 1157. But agree the LED is the better option if you can get them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts