Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding or setting still, my brake light comes on due to the rear brake pedal. I keep having to put my toe under it and make it turn off. How do I adjust this?

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
I woulod think that there is a an adjustment screw near the pedal, next to engine behind the bracketry. I looked at mine, looks like a serated nut that holds the switch, maybe allow the swithc to drop down to give it more slack?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree with Redryder. I just had the same issue. Behind the sheet metal cover plate by the pedal there is a switch. It kinda just sits in its little hole with an adjustment nut on top of its bracket. Adjust the nut UP to allow the switch to slide DOWN a little. It's a tight fit for the fingers and you may want to recruit your wife or someone with smaller fingers to help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Your brake switch should be right there by either your floor board assembly or your peg assembly depending if you have the "C" or Retro. Once you find your switch then you should find the lock or jam nut, loosen it and then make you adjustment. Tighten the nut back up and give your brakes a try. I believe the service manual says to have the brake light come on just before the brake pads begin to engage the rotor.
Good Luck!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
brake light

on the 1300C there's a thin "thumb screw" type adjuster just behind the housing; squirt a little wd40 into the "plunger" mechanism while you're at it. Mike.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just rip them off and put forward controls on it :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts