Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting my bike together, I can't seem to figure out how to get my brake light to work properly.

3 Wires:
Green - Ground
Green / yellow stripe - power?
brown - switch?

I have a signal dynamics brake flasher. At the main wiring bundle under my right side cover, I put the signal dynamics in the middle of the Green/yellow stripe. Problem is, its always on, and when I press the brake, it doesn't change at all.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Rov

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Green yellow = Brake light

So anyone know what could cause the break light to stay on? Why would it stay on constantly and not blink or go out when the brake is engaged?

Thanks,

Rov

·
Registered
841 Posts
Can you take the BackOff out of the circuit and check the brakelight, again? (I installed mine with bullet connectors so I could easily remove it, if it should ever fail.) When you say your brake light is "on" are you referring to the running light, or the brighter brake light? Along the same lines, are you using an 1157 bulb/LED, ie, dual intensity?

First make sure that your system works without the modulator, then re-introduce the unit into your system - red wire to the g/y wire from the front of the bike and red/white wire to the g/y heading to the brake light.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Still having an issue. I pulled out the signal flasher to avoid comlications. Green ground, Brown running, Green/Yellow brake.

I've confirmed the running light is fine. The brake light is doing nothing?

What can I check? If I put a tester on the green/yellow wire leading to the front of the bike and ground the other side of the tester, I should see 12 volts when the brake is applied, right?

Also, could it be the bulb itself where the running filiment is working but the brake light filiment is not? The brake light wasn't working at all until I wiggled the buld in the socket a bit and got a better connection.

Thanks again folks.

Ron

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
vtxrover said:
Also, could it be the bulb itself where the running filiment is working but the brake light filiment is not?
Yup...happens all the time. One filiment will burn out first and the other will still work.
Try a new bulb.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope so! It just seems too easy, but I'm about out of ideas if its not that. I'll pick one up and let you guys know. Thanks again!

Rov

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you believe it was the frikkin bulb!!! I take the taillight off, put it on my bench for 3 months, and put it back on. Who would have thought it broke during this time!

Thanks again [email protected]!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts