Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Retro, just installed HK Sideburner, the brake pedal arm just touches the exhaust header when in the resting position, is their an adjustment procedure to move the arm? I've done a search and came up with everything but what I needed, this is a great forum, thanks for the help!

L

·
0 Posts
Silver Retro,

There is an adjustment that will move it up or down. Remove the floorboard and you will see a threaded plunger and locking nut going into the brake master cylinder and connected to the brake lever. Disconnect the rod from the lever, loosen the nut and turn the in or out to the desired location. Reattach the rod, readjust the rear brake light switch and reinstall the floorboard. I am doing this from memory and may not have the steps exactly right. When you remove the floorboard and see the brake master cylinder it will be obvious how to adjust the location of the pedal.

Lonewolf

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It needs to move down, as if you are stepping on the brakes, it touches the header when it is in the resting position. If I could just move it 1/8'' i'd be happy.

L

·
0 Posts
Spike,

The lever on the retro runs under the exhaust pipe and out toward the front. On some aftermarket pipes, the lever under the pipe is close and actually rests on the header pipe. You have to adjust the pedal down slightly to keep this from happening.

Lonewolf

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, when I get home I'll look into it. Is the brakelight switch right there near the mastercylender?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had the same problem. Just took my big vice grips and a nice soft rag and put it on the brake arm and tweeked the arm out just a tad and it was magic. No more touching the pipe. It works in 3 seconds. Perfect fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts