Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
bridgestone

I have used this tire a couple times on the vtx1800. Had good success with them. I went ct on the rear, but still have the Bridgestone on the front. It is much better tire than the OE Dunlops. I think you will like them. Got mine from our sponsor, HDL. It's cheaper as a pair, front and rear.

· Registered
402 Posts
Just bought the bridgestone Exedra Max, being delivered tomorrow. Did I make a mistake by not going with the 702 ? Thought the 702 was for sport cruisers.

· Registered
327 Posts
I ran the Bridgestones and they were much better than the Dunflops. I worked (now retired) for Bridgestone and can get them at my employee discount. I tried and now run Avon Cobras and the handling is even better. Worth the difference.

· Registered
402 Posts
Are both Avon and Bridgestone better than Metzler?
Just pulled the Metzler rear for a Bridgestone Exedra Max. Liked the feel of the Met, but only got 9143 miles out of it before cords started showing. Contacted Metzler and they want the tire to evaluate why. Never been on a Avon (yet) but seen mixed reviews on the cobra.

· Registered
5,046 Posts
Just pulled the Metzler rear for a Bridgestone Exedra Max. Liked the feel of the Met, but only got 9143 miles out of it before cords started showing. Contacted Metzler and they want the tire to evaluate why. Never been on a Avon (yet) but seen mixed reviews on the cobra.
"only" 9k miles? I WISH! My Pirelli Night Drago was bald (yes BALD) at 4k miles. Just swapped on a Metzler, which I had tried befroe and got maybe 7k.

Considering either buying a trie machine so I can save in the long run or going to a car tire.....which I am lery on.

· Registered
364 Posts
I had 702's now on Exedra Max . 702 is a very good tire , sticky dry or wet , superb in the corners , but wears super fast .It lasted me only one summer , probably 6K miles not more , but scraping pegs and exhaust fully loaded in the Smokey's didn't help the thread life either . Exedra max has the same qualities , I'll see how longevity goes .

· Registered
10 Posts
I had 702's now on Exedra Max . 702 is a very good tire , sticky dry or wet , superb in the corners , but wears super fast .It lasted me only one summer , probably 6K miles not more , but scraping pegs and exhaust fully loaded in the Smokey's didn't help the thread life either . Exedra max has the same qualities , I'll see how longevity goes .
I know this was 6 years ago, but did you like the Exedra G702 or the Exedra Max tire better after having both on your rear? Thanks.

· Registered
364 Posts
Exedra max lasted a tad longer than G702 . Max was just as grippy rain or shine and handled like a razor blade in the twisties for what I noticed and my next tire is most likely will be Exedra Max again . I think it's a very safe and good value tire for the big X .

· Registered
10 Posts
Exedra max lasted a tad longer than G702 . Max was just as grippy rain or shine and handled like a razor blade in the twisties for what I noticed and my next tire is most likely will be Exedra Max again . I think it's a very safe and good value tire for the big X .
Thanks a ton for replying. I bought my bike used with very little tread remaining on the rear. I managed to get through the 2020 riding season, but it's time to replace my G702. I was leaning towards the Max, and I think I'll pull the trigger on it. Thanks.

· Registered
1,485 Posts
bridgestone

I have used this tire a couple times on the vtx1800. Had good success with them. I went ct on the rear, but still have the Bridgestone on the front. It is much better tire than the OE Dunlops. I think you will like them. Got mine from our sponsor, HDL. It's cheaper as a pair, front and rear.
Got the same set up. Next time you change the ct. take a look at the Michelin Cross Climate good looking tread pattern, directional tire....real happy with the ride. Around $150.00

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Thanks a ton for replying. I bought my bike used with very little tread remaining on the rear. I managed to get through the 2020 riding season, but it's time to replace my G702. I was leaning towards the Max, and I think I'll pull the trigger on it. Thanks.
I have the Bridgestone Exedra upfront, ct Michelin rear. Around $250.00 or for the set.

· Registered
364 Posts
No worries , happy to help make you a decision . Bridgestones are my favorite cruiser tires . Good price and best grip I've experienced on a cruiser tire . They make me feel really safe flying through the sweepers scraping pegs and exhaust on my big X .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts