Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a lot of you on this forum have heard of the new tires that Bridgstone has come out with for the VTX and other select cruisers. The 850/851 Exedras look good, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the performance/milage of these tires yet. Fortunately, I won't need tires until next year, but when I do, I don't want to put the Dunlops back on. The price for the pair of Bridgestones is about $150 less than the Dunnys. The Metzlers have gotten good reviews, but thought that alternative should be considered since I have time to compare before buying.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Got some coming

I ordered the Bridges last week, they're coming in Friday and will have them mounted Monday. I'm just wondering about the price difference. The Bridges were only $10 more than the Elite III's and $50 less than the Metz where I'm shopping. The Avons were about $40 more than the Metz and $90 more than the Bridges.This is at a little proformance shop in Louisiana . I figured I'll experiment , had luck with their products before,didn't hear anything bad yet,why not?

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
The wife's bike came with Bridgestone Exedras stock. They seem to handle and wear very well. If they are less than the Dunnies, I'd give them a shot.

Just watch out for rollovers!

:lol:

Scarecrow

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my first post I forgot to mention that the cheapest place I found the Exedras was Honda Direct Line. Price when ordered as a set was around $250 with free shipping.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Stonies

Just got my Exedras. Put about 20 miles on them before the rain. I know my old dunnies had seen better days,but new tires ride sooo goood. I'll let ya'll know how they hold up. By the way ,tax ,mounting ,balancing and installation was $300 out the door. Drive in with the bike,drive out 1 hour later. Hal did have the best price online ,but I was looking for the whole package. If I had to pay to have them mounted and balanced and installed Hal's price would have been very close to the same. I choose the convience of a local shop 5 miles from the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts