Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year!
Just to let you know that if you are able to ride today, do so and smile while you are doing it. Think of us poor, ride deprived riders up here. Right now it is -22 on my back porch. I can only go to the garage and sit on the bike and go "vroom, vroom, vroom"

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
782 Posts
+1 on the New Year. Raining here, but not as cold as what you have. How in Gods name do ya'll stand that kind of stuff. Glad I live in the sunny south.:cool:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Layers, layers, layers and a remote start for the cars when they sit outside.

Summer is not so bad, except for last summer. I have a real difficult time dealing with your humidity when I visit the South.
southern people are friendly though.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
It's 60 here right now. I'm going for a ride this afternoon as soon as the roads dry a bit from this morning's rain. -22 ? I can't even imagine.

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Happy New Year to you too ! I feel for you for having to deal with that bone chilling cold. I feel very fortunate to be able to ride all year long. It's very rare for it to go below 30 degrees in L.A.
So you live in Wasilla, you can aways look out your window and look at Russia and imagine how cold it is over there !:lol:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I was at a class in San Antonio last summer and a couple of guys who were stationed at Elmendorf said it was a totally crappy summer....lots of rain...

I was at Elmendorf in 2003 and I remember on the 4th of July it set some sort of record for being 80 degrees lol...absolutely beautiful up there...although these airman were not at all pleased with temps in the 50's and raining all the time

Goose

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
This morning it was 4 degrees on the way to work... New Years eve the wind chill was down to -25, and no one else was foolish enough to go out and lite the fire works... Must have been the Wiskey shots that kept me warm.:lol:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well, going 55 mph in -22 degrees farenheit is only -63 degrees wind chill factor. That's not so bad, is it?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm not sure what would be worse, the -22 degrees or the 18 hrs of darkness each day :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Happy New Year!
Just to let you know that if you are able to ride today, do so and smile while you are doing it. Think of us poor, ride deprived riders up here. Right now it is -22 on my back porch. I can only go to the garage and sit on the bike and go "vroom, vroom, vroom"

Ride Safe.
Happy new year and remind me not to hang out on your porch. It's in the low thirties here and thats cold enough to make me whine about the temp. At -22 I wouldn't want to drive my truck much less the X.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Happy New Year to you too ! I feel for you for having to deal with that bone chilling cold. I feel very fortunate to be able to ride all year long. It's very rare for it to go below 30 degrees in L.A.
So you live in Wasilla, you can aways look out your window and look at Russia and imagine how cold it is over there !:lol:
Wondered how long it would be before a "see Russia" joke. Nice looking bike Northrider.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm not sure what would be worse, the -22 degrees or the 18 hrs of darkness each day :dontknow:
But in the summertime, you get 18 hrs of light...

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Happy New Year to you , 66 Saturday guess what this old southern boy is gonna be a doin. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Praying for spring

It's 55 here in North Central Arkansas today.
I got in a short ride on my new VTX 1300R
Hope tomorrow is as good. Sorry for you guys
in the North.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
57 here Brrrrr!

I even had to put on long sleeves. :yikes:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a lot of respect for you northern riders.

I don't think I have a single pair of long johns or under armor cold weather gear, if it gets cold I just put sweatpants under my jeans.

You cold weather riders are tough!!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts