Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to change my BUB exhaust tips and what they sent me is WAY smaller than the orginals. The orginals BUBS had a wall thickness of 0.243 inches, the new tips they sent me are 0.125 inches thick. If you consider the cut down that goes into the pipe which is 0.065 inches, there is not a lot of material left that goes into the pipe. My BUBS are one year old, do the new BUBS have the smaller tips? When did they go to the smaller tip? Did they do any long term testing to insure the thinner tips will last? Was it an effort to get the price down? I was very surprised to see this considering the quality,reputation and price of a set of BUBS. Has any one had any problems like vibration cracks, with the thinner tips?

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
1. Why did you change the tips? Irrelevant question really but just curious.

2. Have you called Bub Ent. with these questions? They are good ones. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
1. Why did you change the tips? Irrelevant question really but just curious.

2. Have you called Bub Ent. with these questions? They are good ones. Keep us posted.
:bump:
His daughter dropped his bike and the tips where damaged. Bud as dan3 said, call Bubs or contact Tombstone270.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I, too, have to replace my BUB ends. Dang chrome was peeling off after just two years. I called the factory and was told "oh well...buy new tips". :(
I have not noticed any thickness difference but then, I just got them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUB called me back today and talking to him we found out they had sent me the wrong tips. They will send me the correct tips and I will send these tips back to them. The correct part number is 24-2920C/2 for VTX 1300C. They sent me the 2921C/2, which is for a V ROD. One number makes all the difference.
The chrome started comming off mine after only 5 months. I called BUB and they sent me another set. So for they stand behind their products.
BUD

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
That is cool to hear they are willing to correct their mistake. Thanks for the update. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts