Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that I'm going to purchase a set of BuB Jug Huggers for my 2006 VTX1300C. Monkeybuttparts.com has them for $499.00 Has anyone purchase there's from this place? :roll:

Thanks in Advance.

Bob

·
Registered
170 Posts
DLP price isn't too bad and if you order now you'll get 10% off.
I got mine on Ebay for a fraction from a private owner. They were NIB.:thumbup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I decided that I'm going to purchase a set of BuB Jug Huggers for my 2006 VTX1300C. Monkeybuttparts.com has them for $499.00 Has anyone purchase there's from this place? :roll:

Thanks in Advance.

Bob
WOW, do you trust Monkeybuttparts? What a name! The price is really good though. Never heard of 'em until today but if they are legit, I'd buy those pipes from, huh, Monkeybuttparts...I guess?!:shock:

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
If you can get them NIB for 499 do not wait. Order them now before they are gone. That is less than mine were 3 years ago. What about shipping costs? Is the place gonna back up any missing installation parts? Be careful with this one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUB Huggers, Best Price

You have me deep thinking now! Sometimes trying to save a few bucks, may cost you more at the end run. Monkeybuttparts want $499.00 plus $19.95 for shipping. DLP would end up costing me after the 10% off $20.00 more because of the tax, If no one has used monkeybuts before then I will go with DLP. from what I been reading Hal :bowdown: will back his parts up.
So I feel I'm going to go with DLP, The piece of mind is worth the $20.00

Thanks for all the feedback.:thumbup:

Happy New Year To All!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bub jug huggers

I have one more question? I read that after the 2005 model 1300 was made the follow years 2006 and up, Honda rejeted the carb to run hotter so that they can pass the emissions test?? If this is so do I need to purchase a jet kit? I will be using the stock air box and filter.

Thanks again
:(

G

·
I've made several large purchases from Motorcycleproshop.com and have been pleased with the price and service. i pick up locally (Sacramento) so there is no shipping.

Bubs are $483 on their website.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Why take a chance? Hal and DLP will not only match but beat the price!

From DLP Website:
Low Price Guarantee
"We want your business. We can't check every vendor on the Internet. We know our prices are low but sometimes one slips by us. If our competitors advertised price is lower (incuding shipping costs and all fees) then we will beat it by 5% or $5 (whichever is less). (Excludes any Big Bike Parts/Show Chrome products and any items found on E-bay)
The competitors price must be viewable in their online catalog or shopping cart. Guarantee does not apply to special order items or close-out merchandise.
You must call us to place your order when taking advantage of this low price guarantee."

Just give them a call! I've used this a couple of times and they always come through.

Lee

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BUB Jug Huggers, Hal Came Through Again!

First off, Thanks for all the replies and help. I gave Hal a call at DLP and he did match the price and then some. :agree:

Thanks Again for all the help! and Thanks Hal if your reading this!

Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just ordered my bubs from dlp.

thanks hal!

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
I have one more question? I read that after the 2005 model 1300 was made the follow years 2006 and up, Honda rejeted the carb to run hotter so that they can pass the emissions test?? If this is so do I need to purchase a jet kit? I will be using the stock air box and filter.

Thanks again
:(
You should not have to rejet while using stock air box...maybe adjust the A/F a bit or not even that ...see how it runs first...did not do anything to mine until I changed intakes...

tomb

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
First off, Thanks for all the replies and help. I gave Hal a call at DLP and he did match the price and then some. :agree:

Thanks Again for all the help! and Thanks Hal if your reading this!

Bob
:congrats:

and if you like I can add you to The BuB CluB Roll...check the club web site linked below for install info pic and more about BuBs...

tomb

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, add me to the list!
They will be shipped today, and arrive no later then Tue. 01/06/09
I'm looking forward to them. :grin:

Bob

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
Yes, add me to the list!
They will be shipped today, and arrive no later then Tue. 01/06/09
I'm looking forward to them. :grin:

Bob

Done Deal #306 ...check the club web site for install tips and photos...or for help of any kind just give a shout to one of the BuB Brothers...

:congrats:

tomb

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your Right, Hands Down!! :agree:
Hal treats us right, But theres this thing called "Taxs" that sometimes makes going somewere else a better purchase.
when your making a purchase of $1,000.00 and you can save 8-9% in sales tax it makes a differance. that's 80.00 - 90.00 dollars.

But I have purchased from Hal a few times before this, and always had a very good experience with the the pepole there, parts and speedy shipping.

Bob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts