Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... sort of new to the VTX family and I'm looking to customize my bike. It currently has BUB exhausts on, but I was looking to be louder than what I am now. So the question is, do you know if installing a Cobra Dragster exhaust would make a difference from the BUB's I have now?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey guys... sort of new to the VTX family and I'm looking to customize my bike. It currently has BUB exhausts on, but I was looking to be louder than what I am now. So the question is, do you know if installing a Cobra Dragster exhaust would make a difference from the BUB's I have now?
You could do what I did. Remove the tips, then remove the perforated tubes from each pipe, then remove all packing that remains. From there, get some Header wrap and wrap as tight as possible around the perforated part of the tubes and clamp in place. Then reinstall the perforated tubes and tips.

This will essentially make your exhaust straight pipes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Maybe see if someone has the same set-up in your area. I am running the shorts on my 02 1800 C. I'm just north of Myrtle Beach if your somewhere close by we could meet up to hear them? If not check your local state board for someone closer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts