Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my 2006 VTX 1300R after doing a lot of research about them on this site and others. It may be 14 years old, but she's a lot newer than my '86 Kawasaki 454 I have been riding. We just had our first mid-60s day the other day, hopefully better weather to come than what we've had.

Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Welcome.

a guy at church last year sold his 86 Kaw 454 after 17 years of service..
got himself a 1200 HD sportster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New forum member here, im from dunkirk. I always go to buffalo for bike events.. hopefully covid doesn’t kill every single motorcycle event this summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New forum member here, im from dunkirk. I always go to buffalo for bike events.. hopefully covid doesn’t kill every single motorcycle event this summer.
I haven't been to any in Buffalo. A Gowanda Harley event, but that's it. Any suggestions, even if they're shut down for the year, there's always next...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't been to any in Buffalo. A Gowanda Harley event, but that's it. Any suggestions, even if they're shut down for the year, there's always next...
I go to buffalo for harley events.. free food and free test rides... I love riding motorcycles and if I can get on a harley to burn there gas, im gonna do it.. the fxdr is a super fun bike.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Postponed but Americade is still happening, it will be different this year but in years past you could ride harleys all day as there were so many demo bikes with almost no wait time or reservations needed. Just looked at the demo list and I don't even see harley listed.

Reactions: Scoop

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Hi! Just joined today. From Hamburg, NY and joined to try and help my dad sell his 2006 VTX 1300 w only 900 miles. It’s in mint condition. If you guys are interested or have friends who are interested, please check it out - Perfect condition 2006 VTX 1300, 900 miles. For sale!

Thanks,
Dave
You will get maybe more looks posting this in the classified section on this forum. Good luck. Sad that garage queen will need TONS of love, maintenance and stuff replaced just to make her safe and road-worthy. EDIT: I saw the other posting, so ignore this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, Ranger! My dad is pretty good with keeping things maintained so I hope you’re not correct! But we’ll see! :)

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Rangers4u, womdering why you say it needs tons of love? It only has 900 miles
Bikes that SIT for long periods of time, proven over and over. Fuel goes bad. Tanks rust. batteries die & need replaced. Same for tires more than 4-5 years old, rubber gets hard, loses its grip REGARDLESS of amount of tread. ALL fluids are hygroscopic, which means they draw moisture and need replacing every 2-3 years. Have you eve watched an automobile restoration project- the FIRST thing they do is gut the fuel system, replacing everything from the tank to the engine. Either a carb rebuild or replace. Fuel pump replace. Old gas is nasty chit. If you are mechanically inclined, have lots of time to invest to make this bike right, and the price seems right to you, GO for it. But don't expect a turn-key worry-free ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts