Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about a vtx1300 but every other cruiser I've had buffeted the heck out of my helmet. I've previously ridden a Shadow ACE with Memphis 21" and later a 17". Still buffeting even with their lowers. More recently, I've ridden a Kawa Nomad and found very similar problems. Maybe I just have an un-aerodynamic head! I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam (short legs) so I probably sit a little higher in the saddle than most other 5'10" people. Does the shape of the Hondaline shield cut down the buffeting? Thanks.

Alan

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hoe this helps

Im 6'1" with 32" inseam. I ride a Retro with Hondaline windhsield and mustang wide seat. I still catch some wind in the face and around the helmet but dont consider it a problem. Unless a large truck or something happens to be infront of me aggravating the situation.

If i hunch my head down about 3 or 4 inches the wind around my head drops off tremendously. So being 5'10" I would think you would have less wind around the helmet than me.

By the way on the retro the hondaline windhsield measures 20.5" from the top of the headlight to top center of the shield.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
5'6" with long torso & my Hondaline sucks!I don't usually wear a helmet & the wind & bugs over the top hit me in the forehead all the time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm 6 ft and wind is part of the game unless someone invents a bubble shield and you can ride in that. Wait that's a car

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm 5"10" with a 30" inseam. I've got a C with a Memphis Fats 21". I have the shield set so I can look over it (I had to use a Dremel to relieve the shield a little to clear the turn signals), and buffeting is not a problem at all. The main air flow is a little above my helmet. Maybe it's your helmet, and you might try test riding another helmet design.

_____

04 red 1300C

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Honda shield (new 05 model)
and CWI chrome lowers
NO Buffeting

Spencer :twisted:

M

·
0 Posts
Until I added the Mustang seat and 4" ShowChrome risers, I had a major buffeting problem with the Hondaline shield. After the additions, my seating position change almost completely eliminated the buffeting in all but the extreme headwinds.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I put the Hondaline W/S on my VTX. One time to 60 and I parked my ride and sold that hunk of crap on Ebay. I use a 19" Memphis Phats W/S now. Still get a little bit of buffeting, but only above 75mph.

6"1', stock seat, windshield adjusted to 1" below my eyes.

My .02. Your milage may vary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts