Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're like me and had a hard time figuring out how to reinstall the weird clip that holds the headlight bulb in place, here are a few photos that might save you a bunch of frustration and time. You're welcome! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
64,384 Posts
:?: Why did you have to RE install it? One side is a hinge side the other side you just push the bar out from under the tab and the whole clip swings out on the hinge side. Pop out the lamp and push the bar back under the tab :wink2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:?: Why did you have to RE install it? One side is a hinge side the other side you just push the bar out from under the tab and the whole clip swings out on the hinge side. Pop out the lamp and push the bar back under the tab :wink2:
You do realize that the hinge isn't held in place when it swings out, don't you? It can easily fall right off when it is unclipped - as mine did and as many others did. Or maybe yours is different. The more you know...

·
Super Moderator
64,384 Posts
No, the early models, as mine was, were held in place and you could swing it out of the way and the clip stayed attached. Many people before you, were removing the screws and removing everything to get the lamp out. Thus, the reason for my post. The screw on my hinge side had a small tooth for lack of better term, that went into that cut out in the headlight shell and I see that yours does not have that tooth to hold the clip in place. I guess Honda made that small part even smaller to reduce costs?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I took out the screws the first time...and probably will the next time, when I forget to look at it smartly. It's not "impossible" to open, every decade or so, but it is overly complicated, in my humble opinion.

Reactions: W.Atchley
1 - 6 of 6 Posts