Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike fell off the lift and broke the inner and outer fairing,dented tank. Excuse me while i wipe the tears from my eyes.:cry:

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Man that sucks.

What type of lift and why do you think it fell? May help someone to know.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Bike fell off the lift and broke the inner and outer fairing,dented tank. Excuse me while i wipe the tears from my eyes.:cry:

This really sucks bro, I have NEVER liked or trusted the lifts, not any brand at all. I only put my bike on the lift for quick work, and get it off right away. I am really sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Man that sucks.

What type of lift and why do you think it fell? May help someone to know.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

It would be good to know the cause of this.. I have a fear that someone playing in the garage will hit the jack pedal and lower the bike.
If you attach a rachet strap to the connection points by the casters slack will develope then Timber!!! Then the tears. :roll:

So I put another strap on the platform the bike sits on so if pedal release happens the 2nd strap will help keep it upright and make sure the jack lock is engaged. Another thing is try to put jack close to wall for support point.

I hope that you have comprehensive insurance with a low deductible because this is definitely a claim.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dident have it up enough ,i think, for the jack to lock in. I only had it up high enough for the bike to stand up straight, tires still on the ground. The kickstand was up. The jack seeped down and bike fell over. I think im going to have to make a insurance claim. I might just get a extreem revalution fairing. Either way i have plenty of time before rideing season.:tools:

·
Registered
111 Posts
That sucks after all that work you just did. :tools:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can see ypu guys are feeling my pain,and thankyou. I love this bike and a manny of you understand. I bought this thing new in 02, riddin in the rain once. My buddy said the damage dont look that bad but i think it looks like it got hit by a truck. The fairing i think looks way cool with the big headlight and all, but really dont want to go threww all that again. Maybee a bolt on one made to fit like Xtreme revulitions one. The dent in the tank is only about the size of a nickel but the fairing is cracked in 2 spots 3 - 4 inches long and the iner has a small piece broke off and a three inch crack. The body shop could maybee fiberglass repair the outer but the inner is some kind of plastic resin stuff. It looks like the mounts might have bent or shifted a little. I dont want to mess with it till i talk to the insurance guy. So far thats the scoop.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The insurance people concider it a collision because it hit the ground.That sounds odd. Fortunetly i left my full coverage on this winter. Makes me wonder how many of you drop collision for the winter months .

·
Registered
205 Posts
MAN THATS TERRIBLE! SO SORRY 4 U:cry:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
The insurance people concider it a collision because it hit the ground.That sounds odd. Fortunetly i left my full coverage on this winter. Makes me wonder how many of you drop collision for the winter months .

I can save a whole 15.00 a year to take it off for the winter, LMAO, not a chance, I keep it on all year bro.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I was just told by my insurance agent that most homeowner policies will not cover loss or damage to personal property that qualifies for a seperate policy such as a car, motorcycle, or boat in the event of fire, flood damage, or other loss and that taking my policy off my bike for the winter was a bad idea ... and this is from a different agent than the one carrying my bike policy so no benefit for him either way.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My AmFam agent told me that they only write 12 month policies, and that there is no price advantage to having a 9 month policy. I may adjust my insurance later this year after the bike is finally paid off, once we evaluate its real worth with all of the extras. My agent from hartford is an avid biker himself so he knows the deal.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I was just told by my insurance agent that most homeowner policies will not cover loss or damage to personal property that qualifies for a seperate policy such as a car, motorcycle, or boat in the event of fire, flood damage, or other loss and that taking my policy off my bike for the winter was a bad idea ... and this is from a different agent than the one carrying my bike policy so no benefit for him either way.
Yeah, used to be if you had a car (collector or otherwise) you could drop coverage while stored in the winter........not anymore!!!! Like the monkey said, homeowners doesn't cover it! It's just another way for us all to remain "insurance poor".

Everything I own is insured, year round. Here is another tidbit....the insurance on our airplane is less than on my Diesel truck. What tha??? :-?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Yeah, used to be if you had a car (collector or otherwise) you could drop coverage while stored in the winter........not anymore!!!! Like the monkey said, homeowners doesn't cover it! It's just another way for us all to remain "insurance poor".

Everything I own is insured, year round. Here is another tidbit....the insurance on our airplane is less than on my Diesel truck. What tha??? :-?

LOL yes I got a sep one for my guns, the wifes jewlery, and extra on the dogs incase they bite, and all together are way less then my bike, in fact the car is less then the bike, the truck is only a bit more, but the life insh. is more then any other, even the house. OMG I am just now realizing what they all cost me what a great buisness that must be, @$$ holes, opps did I say that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts