Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go outside early Saturday to get ready for the Paul Bunyan ride, and it appears a somebody went up & down the block knocking over motorcycles. Mine was tipped over, along with the guy's down the street from me and two more a block over. No damage except for the right side grip and brake lever, the brake looks like this:

(Darnit, no matter how many times I re-sized that thing, it's huge. Sorry)
And the grip like this:

The brake lever is operational, but very tight. In order to get my hand on it to apply enough pressure I need to take my hand off the throttle. Is there any way to fix this brake lever, or should I call it a loss, buy a new brake lever and some Kury ISO grips? Do I have to worry about the whole brake assembly?

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
That stinks. I guess it could have been allot worse. Be carefull, if it was kids and they got away with it, they might try again someday.

Anyway, I have a grip you can have. I also have a brake lever you could have but the part numbers are different off my C model then your R, so I'm not sure if it will work.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That sucks! At least it didn't dent up your tank or worse.

Call the lever a loss: Kuryakyn chrome replacements are relatively cheap, and trying to bend yours back to look normal is not worth the effort.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... D=47780639

I would buy new grips at this point too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would by a shotgun and some bird shot and wait patiently in the shadows. Buckshot has a way of reminding people that stuid hurts :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Caps - thanks for the offer. I went ahead and ordered the chrome replacements crux88 listed, as well as some new ISO grips.

As far as the shotgun, I don't own one, but my landlord is an retired Saint Paul policeman - maybe he's got some firepower lying around :twisted:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
PeterX said:
Caps - thanks for the offer. I went ahead and ordered the chrome replacements crux88 listed, as well as some new ISO grips.

As far as the shotgun, I don't own one, but my landlord is an retired Saint Paul policeman - maybe he's got some firepower lying around :twisted:
Hey Peter, I hope I didn't lead you astray. I just looked back and I linked you to the Kury levers for the 1800 (part # 7429). When I looked on the 1300 page, the Kury lever part # is 7421. :oops: You might want to call HDL first thing tomorrow and make sure you have the right levers coming. Then again, you might have already figured this out and you're one step ahead. :?

G

·
crapy

better callout crux and see what he can pul on the table, dog poop and a thong......

but no really thats shitty, i think i would cry if that happened to mine

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
Wow, that's the IC ward for someone doing that.

I've straightened levers in the past, but it's very tricky.
Usually any attempt will break them first.
I used to see so many a week, and got fairly good at it.

If you want, drop the lever off, and I'll try if you want a spare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts